We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Re-ordering Listview Items

Hello,

Does the SFListView support drag n drop reordering in Xamarin forms?
Any sample code for that?

If not, is there any SF control that will?

thanks

13 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 26, 2017 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Lindsay, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

Currently, SfListView do not have support for “Item drag and drop” and we have already considered this as feature request. We have added it into our feature request list, and the feature will be available in our upcoming 2017 Volume 3 main release. 

However, SfDataGrid control provides support for “Row drag and drop” feature and you can enable row drag and drop functionality by setting AllowDraggingRow to “true”. 

Please refer below UG link for further details. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

LM Lindsay Miles May 26, 2017 11:54 AM UTC

Thanks Dinesh,
I'm using visual Studio 2017 for Mac.
Installed the trial and samples.
Nothing builds and runs in Samples. too many build errors...
Unfortunately

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 29, 2017 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Lindsay, 

Can you please provide the stacks trace? which might be helpful to analyze the reported issue better and provide an appropriate solution to you. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

EM Emil June 4, 2017 03:18 PM UTC

Do you have any plan for sflistview "drag and drop" feature please? it is very nice on sfdatagrid but it is hard to do horizontal list using sfdatagrid

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 5, 2017 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Yes, we have planned to include the reported feature “Support for Item drag and drop in SfListView” in our upcoming 2017 Volume 3 main release. We will let you know once the feature is implemented and included in release. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JC Joel Chinchilla July 31, 2017 12:53 AM UTC

In the meantime you release the Drag and Drop support, is there a way I can implement it on my own, using your ListView control? I can't use the GridView, because I need each cell to be customized like a Card (I don't know if DataGrid supports that?).

I need to deliver a product, and if I can't add Drag and Drop to this, I will need to use regular ListView for Xamarin Forms :-( 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team July 31, 2017 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Joel, 

Currently, we don’t have any workaround for the reported feature “Item drag and drop” at our end. However, we have planned to include the reported feature “Support for Item drag and drop in SfListView” in our upcoming 2017 Volume 3 SP 1 release which is scheduled to be rolled by end of August month. We will let you know once the feature is implemented and included in release.  

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

EM Emil replied to Joel Chinchilla July 31, 2017 02:19 PM UTC

In the meantime you release the Drag and Drop support, is there a way I can implement it on my own, using your ListView control? I can't use the GridView, because I need each cell to be customized like a Card (I don't know if DataGrid supports that?).

I need to deliver a product, and if I can't add Drag and Drop to this, I will need to use regular ListView for Xamarin Forms :-( 

Hi Joel,

you can customize sfdatagrid as you want like listview. see the examples  provided by syncfusion. usually you need to use single column definition with whatever datatemplate you need. Only problem I found out that if your datatemplate is too complex, drag and drop isnt very useful, user will have hard time to drag and drop it. 

Cheers,

Emil 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team August 1, 2017 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Joel, 

Using GridTemplateColumn, you can create your own view by creating the CellTemplate or CellTemplateSelector. GridTemplateColumn column was extend from GridColumn. Please refer the below UG link  
to more details about GridTemplateColumn column.  

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JC Joel Chinchilla August 12, 2017 09:34 PM UTC

Hi, I just saw you released volume 3. Has Drag and Drop support been added for ListView?

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team August 14, 2017 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Joel,  

We are implementing the reported feature “Support for Drag and Drop in SfListView” at our end, but we are facing some Xamarin framework hurdles. So, we are unable to complete and include the feature in the 2017 Volume 3 main release. We will assure you that it will be included in our upcoming 2017 Volume 4 main release and we will let you know once the feature has been completed and we will appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

PV Prasad V L September 28, 2017 12:48 PM UTC

Is SFDataGrid capable of handling all features of list view? Primarily looking for CacheMode - Recycle and Retain. I understand DataGrid doesnt allow Recycle? Is that correct?

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team September 29, 2017 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Prasad, 

By recycling and retaining, if you mean Data Virtualization here (i.e., reusing rows and columns without creating new rows or columns), then SfDataGrid allows it. 

In the below table, we summaries what are all the features supported by SfDataGrid and SfListView. Please refer it. 

Features 
SfDataGrid 
SfListView 
Data Virtualization 
Yes 
Yes 
Item Template 
Yes 
Yes 
Template Selector 
Yes 
Yes 
Orientation support 
Yes 
Yes 
Grid and Linear layout 
No 
Yes 
Grouping 
Yes 
Yes 
Sorting 
Yes 
Yes 
Custom Sorting 
Yes 
Yes 
Custom grouping 
Yes 
Yes 
Column Re-ordering 
Yes 
No 
Row Re-ordering 
Yes 
No 
Selection 
Yes 
Yes 
Swiping 
Yes 
Yes 
Sticky headers 
No 
Yes 
Sticky footers 
No 
Yes 
Sticky group headers 
No 
Yes 
Summaries 
Yes 
No 
Filtering 
Yes 
Yes 
Resizing columns 
Yes 
No 
Conditional Styling 
Yes 
No 
Horizontal and Vertical scrolling 
Yes 
Yes 
Diagonal scrolling 
Yes 
No 
Load More 
Yes 
No 
PullToRefresh 
Yes 
Yes 
Unbound column 
Yes 
No 
Paging 
Yes 
No 
Freeze panes (FrozenColumns and Rows) 
Yes 
No 
QueryRowHeight 
Yes 
Yes 
Exporting 
Yes 
No 

Also, please refer the below UG links to know the key features of SfDataGrid and SfListView respectively, 

Regards, 
Divakar.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon