- When double-clicking a cell in a GridTemplateColumn to enter edit mode, the RowValidating event is triggered immediately. But if edit mode was initiated with F2, the RowValidating event is triggered correctly.
- When edit mode is entered by double-clicking, the RowValidating event is not triggered after editing the row. Calling sfdatagrid.GetValidationHelper().SetCurrentRowValidated(false) in the changed event of the custom control used in the GridTemplateColumn is a workaround as suggested in a previous post. But calling sfdatagrid.GetValidationHelper().SetCurrentCellValidated(false) doesn't help to trigger the CurrentCellValidating event as SetCurrentRowValidated(false) does with the RowValidating event.
Could you please help me with the following:
- What is the best way to suppress the immediate RowValidating event in (1)?
- Or can the SfDataGrid be set up to allow a double-click to behave the same way as a F2 key press?
- Is there a similar workaround for triggering the CurrentCellValidating event as calling SetCurrentRowValidated(false)?
I've attached the project I used to test the behaviours.