We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Lookup a control in a GridTemplateColumn.EditTemplate

Hi,

I have a GridTemplateColumn which contains custom controls in a CellTemplate and an EditTemplate. At runtime, how do I obtain a reference to the controls in the current cell in C#? I'm trying to do this in the CurrentCellBeginEdit handler so that I can setup the controls for editing. I tried to look them up in the visual tree based on the class and the x:Name but it always returns null. I suspect there must be multiple instances of the controls when using GridTemplateColumn so I have to lookup the ones associated with the current cell.

Regards,

Sam

3 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team April 17, 2017 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Sam, 

You can get the control inside the edit template of GridTemplateColumn by passing the control name like below,  
private async void Sfdatagrid_CurrentCellBeginEdit(object sender, CurrentCellBeginEditEventArgs e) 
{ 
    await this.Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(new Action(() => 
    { 
    int recordIndex = this.sfdatagrid.ResolveToRecordIndex(e.RowColumnIndex.RowIndex); 

var rowGenerator = this.sfdatagrid.GetRowGenerator() as RowGenerator; 

var columnElement= this.sfdatagrid.SelectionController.CurrentCellManager.CurrentCell.ColumnElement as GridCell; 

var rowData = columnElement.DataContext; 

var dataColumn = columnElement.ColumnBase as DataColumn; 

if (dataColumn.Renderer.GetType() == typeof(GridCellTemplateRenderer) && dataColumn.GridColumn.MappingName=="EmployeeId") 
        { 

DataTemplate dataTemplate = null; 
            ComboBox comboBox = null; 
            ContentPresenter contentPresenter = this.FindVisualChild<ContentPresenter>(columnElement); 

dataTemplate = contentPresenter.ContentTemplateSelector.SelectTemplate(rowData, contentPresenter); 
            comboBox = (ComboBox)dataTemplate.FindName("combobox", contentPresenter); 

} 

}), System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority.ApplicationIdle); 
} 

In the above sample, we have loaded the Combobox inside the EditTemplate of EmployeeId column and you can get it by using the CurrentCellBeginEdit event, 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

SC Sam Chan April 18, 2017 11:13 AM UTC

Thank you Jai,

I was able to adapt your sample code to achieve what I wanted to do. I'm glad that I asked the question instead of spending more time trying to figure it out myself because the solution is not that trivial. I would have never thought it needed to be done in a Dispatcher.

Regards,

Sam

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon