We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A long table in presentation - how to split on a few slides ?

The lenght of text in each cell are different. It can be a few rows in each cell (word wrap), but can be and one..
Hight of cells is variable in each row. Now my table out of  botton bound alone slide.
I'm not ready to count how many rows in the cell, then count total amount ..
Can anybody help me ? 

3 Replies

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team April 10, 2017 08:48 AM UTC

Hi IgorKuznetsov, 
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
“Fixed Layout” behavior of Microsoft PowerPoint 
Microsoft PowerPoint has a fixed layout. In fixed layout, the slide contents (table, text, picture) cannot be automatically continued to the next new slide when it exceeds the height of the slide. 
A long table in presentation - how to split onto few slides? 
There is no workaround to achieve this scenario programmatically. 
Please let us know if you have any question. 
Regards, 
Devisri. 

AR ARDEM replied to Devisri Jothi August 5, 2019 07:12 PM UTC

Hi IgorKuznetsov, 
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
“Fixed Layout” behavior of Microsoft PowerPoint 
Microsoft PowerPoint has a fixed layout. In fixed layout, the slide contents (table, text, picture) cannot be automatically continued to the next new slide when it exceeds the height of the slide. 
A long table in presentation - how to split onto few slides? 
There is no workaround to achieve this scenario programmatically. 
Please let us know if you have any question. 
Regards, 
Devisri. 

How to get the height of the table at the time of the creation of the table?

I tried to use the table.GetActualHeight() but it throws error- 'Presentation.PresentationRenderer must be instantiated'.

The problem is - I want to know the height taken by the cell/table so that I can calculate the remaining area of the slide, if there is no more space left then I will add another slide & add the table & continue to add the rows.

I think by this way I can solve my problem but I am unable to identify the used height by the table.

Also, there is any way to get the cell height of the table's row, once after adding a cell into the table.

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 08:40 AM UTC

Hi IgorKuznetsov,

Thank you for your update.

Please find the details for your queries below as follows:

As mentioned in our UG documentation page, we request to initialize the “PresentationRenderer” (it is mandatory) before trying to get the actual height of the table to resolve the reported issue with “Presentation.PresentationRenderer must be instantiated” in your end.

Before initializing the “PresentationRenderer”, please make sure that the “Syncfusion.Xamarin.PresentationRenderer” is installed in the application. If is not installed, please install the NuGet from nuget.org.

Please find the assemblies required and complete code example to make use of this feature from the below documentation.
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129907/ze/Documentation-1148380332.zip

We have also created a demo sample which meets your requirement, which will be helpful for you make use of the feature efficiently, which can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129907/ze/GettingStartediOS-1097544513.zip  

Is there any way to get the cell height of each row?
No, we do not have any direct API to get the height of each cell in the row. As a workaround to calculate particular cell of the table after adding some value to it, please compare the actual table height value before adding text to the cell and after adding text to the cell.

We strongly recommend to use the feature with “Get Actual height of the table” to meet your requirement and also please use the above suggested guidelines to make use of the feature effectively.

Please let us know if you need further assistance in this.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon