We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Package creation

Hello,

I've developed and UWP in which I use different Syncfusion components:
- SfDataGrid
SfNumericTextBox
SfDiagram

In my solution, I've added the "full" Syncfusion library as refrence: Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML

But in your samples, you generally use a reference per component.

Does this have an incidence on the final size of the generated package?
Where can we found the "specific" libraries for each component?

Regards,

7 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team February 4, 2017 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Pierre-Christophe,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use individual assemblies instead of SDK package if only few controls from Syncfusion toolkit were used. Application package created by referring SDKs are said to be bigger in size when compared to packages that are created by referring required assemblies, since SDKs embed nearly 50 assemblies in it. Control dependency details and installed assemblies location are given below:

Control dependencies:
https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/control-dependencies

Installed assemblies location:
[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<$version>\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0

Regards,
Jessie

PD Pierre-Christophe DUS February 13, 2017 07:36 PM UTC

Thanks for your feedback!

I found the expectedlocation:
[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<$version>\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0

But I don't see how to add each assembly to my project: there are no DLL but only XML files so how could I proceed?

For the WPF assemblies, the DLL are well present in the following location:
[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\<$version>\Assemblies\4.6

Could you help me?

Regards,

PD Pierre-Christophe DUS February 13, 2017 11:55 PM UTC

I also tried to install the last version (15.1.0.33) but it didn't work at all: this has only extracted many folders at the root (C: \) which is not clean at all...

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team February 14, 2017 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Pierre,

Please find the response for your queries.

Q) I don't see how to add each assembly to my project: there are no DLL but only XML files so how could I proceed?

You can refer the UWP assemblies from below mentioned location.

UWP Assemblies location: {Drive}\{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Universal Windows\10.0\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral

In order to check the reported problem, please follow the steps provided in below KB article and share us the zip file which consist of installer logs
generated by our tool. It would be much helpful for us to investigate the issue. Until then you can refer the UWP assemblies from above mentioned location.

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331/gather-log-file  

Q) I also tried to install the last version (15.1.0.33) but it didn't work at all: this has only extracted many folders at the root (C: \) which is not clean at all
Regarding this query could you please let us know whether you have installed the setup in root folder(C:\) instead of installing under default install location? Since this query is
unclear to us please provide more details about this issue with screenshots.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

PD Pierre-Christophe DUS February 14, 2017 01:45 PM UTC

Thanks for your feedback.

About the installation of the last version of "Enterprise Studio", I first tried to use the "Enterprise Edition MSI". During the installation, there is a prompt to specify the repository, but it didn't seem to work: each time, all the files and directories were unzipped at the root ("C:\").

I have so downloaded the basic "Enterprise Edition", and tried to install with this: it seems that the installation works fine this time.

I'll come back to you later, when I could have tested the assemblies import.

Regards,

Pierre-Christophe

PD Pierre-Christophe DUS February 14, 2017 02:42 PM UTC

So I've tried to add assemblies on a sample project that you have sent me on another request, but it didn't work.

As this sample is about "SfGrid", I've added all the following assemblies (SfGrid.UWP, Data.UWP, SfInput.UWP, SfShared.UWP, SfGridConverter.UWP, Pdf.UWP, Xlslo.UWP) as described in your link:
ControlsAssemblyDependencies
SfDataGridSyncfusion.SfGrid.UWPSyncfusion.Data.UWP

Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP

Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP

Syncfusion.SfGridConverter.UWP

Syncfusion.Pdf.UWP

Syncfusion.XlsIo.UWP
But after having build without any problem, the app finally crashes at the launch:
Crash

If I use the "full" Syncfusion library ("Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML" there isn't any problem.

But in both cases, I got another exception (wit/without "Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML"):
Another exception

Would you have any explanation about the assemblies? Is there something else that I'm doing wrong?
And what about the other Exception? ("COMException")

I've attached you the sample that I used to make my tests.

Attachment: SfDataGridDemo_Hyperlink_b4830205.7z

GT Gnanasownthari Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 16, 2017 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Pierre, 
We have analyzed your query and we have created a support incident to track the status of this forum has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 
Gnanasownthari T. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon