We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problems on customization of schedule appointments appearance

Hi, 
I'm trying to customize a little bit the appearance of the appointments in the schedule, in the Day or Week view.
In particular, I'd like to make more visible the separation of two activities that have start/end dates that overlaps.

I've tried some ways, but I've found the following problems:

1. BorderColor and BorderWidth not working as expected
In the didAppointmentLoaded method of the SFScheduleDelegate I've added this instructions:

appointmentLoaded.AppointmentStyle.BorderColor = UIColor.Brown;
appointmentLoaded.AppointmentStyle.BorderWidth = 10;
appointmentLoaded.AppointmentStyle.SelectionBorderColor = UIColor.Blue;

but only the selected appointment was affected, showing the correct border. The other ones have the default border, not visible enough.

2. ScheduleDayAppointment not called
In the documentation, I've seen that I could override the method ScheduleDayAppointment of the SFScheduleDelegate, e.g. to show an image on the appointment.
Actually, this method is never called in my code. 
And also, I've seen in your sample code, that you obtain this customization using the method didAppointmentLoaded.
The method ScheduleDayAppointment is actually called and can be used in some situations?

3. Not able to add a "left border"
Another way that I tried, is to add a "left border", like in Outlook. You can see the effect in this picture.

I've tried to obtain this effect in several ways, e.g. by adding a UIView with a particular background color in the didAppointmentLoaded method.
But all my attempts failed, in particular because I don't know how much is the height of the appointment (I can see my colored view on the left, but it isn't of the right height).
Is there a way to obtain an effect like this?

Thanks, 
Stefano

2 Replies

ST Stefano October 22, 2016 06:31 PM UTC

In addition to the previous points, we are also trying to have the subject on multiple lines, when it's longer than a single line, but we aren't able to achieve this.
I've seen there is another thread regarding this problem: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124273/scheduleappointment-subject-multiline
Are there any news about this?

Thanks,
Stefano

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team October 24, 2016 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have created a new support incident under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Sivakumar P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon