We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Advantages?

What are the advantagesdoes Data Integration Platform bring over general Apache Nifi?
Regards
M

6 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 19, 2016 09:33 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

The Syncfusion Data Integration Platform is a commercial distribution around Apache Nifi. We have listed some differences below.
  • Adapted to be a point and click install experience on Windows.
  • Attractive user interface that is designed to be more user friendly and intuitive.
  • Runs as a Windows Service in line with Windows best practices. Great all around integration with Windows.
  • Integrates with the rest of the Syncfusion Data consumption stack such as the Dashboard Platform.
  • Support for additional processors - Google Analytics and Syncfusion Dashboard are two of these. Many more data processors will be added in the future.
  • We support the ability to extend processors with C# code.
  • Syncfusion tests the complete package. Less hassle for your as the end user.
  • Supported by Syncfusion's support team 24 x 5. We have the expertise to support any and all use of the platform.

Best,
Daniel

ME Megatron October 18, 2016 12:25 AM UTC

Hi I would like suggest an introduction of a web based worflow manager on top of the data-integration platform. Since you have SF diagram already, this would add a great deal - I believe this can replace Informatica etc.

Also, the license is not yet showing up in the community version, can you please setup, I would like to try.

thanks
Mega

SR Suresh Ram C Syncfusion Team October 19, 2016 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Hi I would like suggest an introduction of a web based worflow manager on top of the data-integration platform. Since you have SF diagram already, this would add a great deal - I believe this can replace Informatica etc. 
You can access web based Data Integration Platform in browser using following link.  
Syncfusion Data Integration Platform web Link: http://localhost:60017/dataintegration or http://<ipaddress>:60017/dataintegration  
Syncfusion Data Integration Platform online documentation: https://help.syncfusion.com/data-integration/overview  

Also, the license is not yet showing up in the community version, can you please setup, I would like to try. 
As per our record, you have a community license and also we have included the Data Integration platform in the Community license. You can see the Data Integration platform listed in the my products page. You can download the Data Integration setup in this link. It does not require an Unlock key, you can download and use the setup. 

Please let us know, If you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sureshram  

ME Megatron October 19, 2016 07:34 PM UTC

Hi,
I am a fan of your controls, and I hope you think of these from our dev. perspective. Here is a couple of links of hosted workflow inside the platform. On the server side - navigating the nodes and hierarchy; serializing and de/rehydrating the flow in your current diagram control is the missing link, for e.g. consider the states and actions of the next step in a process, or going back - how does a developer achieve this easily? Orcahard, simply extended the WF from MS, which should be doable in combination with SF diagram control.

• http://docs.orchardproject.net/en/latest/Documentation/Workflows/
  • http://bit.ly/2ehOpeR

It would also help if you gave us the option to extend/separate our implementation logic - as a module our custom components on top of the data integration platform. For e.g. a few interfaces that we can implement for being invoked on data integration startup, for hydrating the flows.

In summary my point is that you provide a relatively complete ecosystem for the developers, so they don't have to look beyond the SF space. While I am not a fan of TLRK, they have a CMS product to extend/similar to webparts. This is missing in the new platform designs you've recently introduced.

Just my .02 cents :)

thanks
Mega

SR Suresh Ram C Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

Below are the response to your queries: 

I am a fan of your controls, and I hope you think of these from our dev. perspective. Here is a couple of links of hosted workflow inside the platform. On the server side - navigating the nodes and hierarchy; serializing and de/rehydrating the flow in your current diagram control is the missing link, for e.g. consider the states and actions of the next step in a process, or going back - how does a developer achieve this easily? Orcahard, simply extended the WF from MS, which should be doable in combination with SF diagram control.   
We have documented the steps to move workflow from one server to another server.   

Group Processor – It is used to group the processors in a hierarchical manner.   
Bread Crumb - It is used to navigate into hierarchical group processors.   
Navigation pane – It is used to control the navigation in work area.   

It would also help if you gave us the option to extend/separate our implementation logic - as a module our custom components on top of the data integration platform. For e.g. a few interfaces that we can implement for being invoked on data integration startup, for hydrating the flows.   
Data integration platform extends supports for custom processors created to support any database and to perform custom operations.    
We can also invoke C# console application in Syncfusion Data Integration Platform using “ExecuteProcess” processor.      

We can’t completely use C# for custom processor. But we can tweak java custom processor to invoke C# application.   
In the above sample, we have created a custom processor design in Java and backend functionalities are written in C#. We have attached custom processor project and C# application project with the sample.     

Please find the documentation to create custom processor below.    
In summary my point is that you provide a relatively complete ecosystem for the developers, so they don't have to look beyond the SF space. While I am not a fan of TLRK, they have a CMS product to extend/similar to webparts. This is missing in the new platform designs you've recently introduced.   
In general, Data Integration Platform provides support to control the flow of the data between systems, perform ETL operations, data blending, tracks data lineage (data provenance), schedules the entire workflow in real time and can be extended by creating custom processors to integrate with any database and to perform custom operations. All these can be done in a simple and intuitive UI and this platform is most suited to enterprises where they deal with variety of data source to begin with.   

For rich visualization and reporting, please check Syncfusion Dashboard Platform and Syncfusion Report platform.   

Please let us know, if you need further assistance. 

Regards,   
Sureshram   

SR Suresh Ram C Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

Below are the response to your queries: 

We have documented the steps to move workflow from one server to another server.   

Group Processor – It is used to group the processors in a hierarchical manner.   
Bread Crumb - It is used to navigate into hierarchical group processors.   
Navigation pane – It is used to control the navigation in work area.   

Data integration platform extends supports for custom processors created to support any database and to perform custom operations.    
We can also invoke C# console application in Syncfusion Data Integration Platform using “ExecuteProcess” processor.      

We can’t completely use C# for custom processor. But we can tweak java custom processor to invoke C# application.   
In the above sample, we have created a custom processor design in Java and backend functionalities are written in C#. We have attached custom processor project and C# application project with the sample.     

Please find the documentation to create custom processor below.    
In general, Data Integration Platform provides support to control the flow of the data between systems, perform ETL operations, data blending, tracks data lineage (data provenance), schedules the entire workflow in real time and can be extended by creating custom processors to integrate with any database and to perform custom operations. All these can be done in a simple and intuitive UI and this platform is most suited to enterprises where they deal with variety of data source to begin with.   

For rich visualization and reporting, please check Syncfusion Dashboard Platform and Syncfusion Report platform.   

Please let us know, if you need further assistance. 

Regards,   
Sureshram   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon