We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XLSIO to Grid

Hi, 

I am quite new to this. Is there an example or some tips that anyone has for using https://www.syncfusion.com/products/file-formats/xlsio to open an excel file in to a grid? eg SFDataGrid

My target is to develop for Android / IOS, using Xamarin. 

My Excel will always have the same sheets of known name, and I'd like to be able to read specific sheets. I'm pretty lost at how to open an excel, read the data from a specific sheet and display it in a grid

Simon

3 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team June 15, 2016 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Simon,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Using XlsIO, we have prepared a sample to read the data from excel file and bind it programmatically to the grid in Xamarin.Forms. The sample can be download from the below link.  

Please let us know whether the sample fulfil your requirement.   

Regards,  
Dilli babu 

FE Felique February 19, 2017 11:24 PM UTC

Hi,

The examples has a error  in the using Syncfusion.XlsIO   ...  look the picture please, i am stuck

Problem

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team February 20, 2017 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Felique, 

The assemblies referred to the sample is not available in the mentioned location, and so the error is shown. We request you to refer the assemblies Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll and Syncfusion.Compression.Portable.dll to the sample to resolve this error. 

We also request you to upgrade to our latest version (15.1.0.33) of Essential Studio which has more bug fixes and enhancements which is available for download under the following link.    

The assemblies will be available under the following location in your machine. 

$system drive: \ Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \Xamarin\lib\pcl 

Eg : $system drive:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\
15.1.0.33\Xamarin\lib\pcl 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon