We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Missing ImageResizer resource

Hello,

I'm trying to make a custom UserControl that contains a syncfusion richTextBox.
However, when I add it to my UC, I cannot compile, compiler says :
"The component 'Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.ImageResizer' does not have a resource identified by the URI  '/Syncfusion.RichTextBoxAdv.WPF;component/implementation/imageresizer/imageresizer.xaml'".

It happens me sometimes, but I don't know how to fix it permanently ?

Thanks for help

3 Replies

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team April 13, 2015 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the mentioned issue with “resource not found” exception thrown sometimes on when RichTextBoxAdv control is defined using Xaml. On analyzing further on this problem, we found that the visual studio designer is not updated properly when changes made to assembly reference. The same issue reproduces with any user control. This is not an issue with RichTextBoxAdv control. We have also mentioned the MSDN forum reference related to the mentioned exception. Please do find the link from below.

MSDN Forum Link:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e92390eb-bbfa-42fb-baa9-2286444c0dca/the-component-xyz-does-not-have-a-resource-identified-by-the-uri?forum=wpf

To resolve this issue, please try the below steps:
1. Clean the solution.
2. Close the visual studio.
3. Restart it again.

If this is not your scenario, kindly share us a runnable sample along with the steps to reproduce the issue. Hence we can able to investigate on it further and provide you with proper solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

CH Chris April 13, 2015 07:31 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. To make it disappear, I juste change the assembly version from 4.5 to 4.51 (because I'm doing a 4.5.2 .NET projet).

Now, I don't really understand this error (and others) because 4.5 must be compatible with 4.5.2 project ? (related to my post here : http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/general/general/118807

Thanks

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team April 14, 2015 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your update.

Regarding “
4.5 must be compatible with 4.5.2 project”:
Yes, 4.5 framework Syncfusion assemblies will work fine with 4.5.2 .Net framework applications.

Regarding “
I don't really understand this error (and others)”:
As we mentioned in our previous update, the mentioned issue occurs due to the visual studio designer not refreshing properly whenever you made changes to assembly reference. This is because when you made changes to assembly reference, previously referenced assembly referenced will be still in main memory and the visual studio designer cannot able to decide which assembly to choose. The mentioned exception will occur for any user control and it is an existingissue with visual studio. Also the mentioned issue is designer level exception only and it will not affect project compilation and execution. To resolve this, kindly unload and reload the project. Hence this is not an issue with RichTextBoxAdv control.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon