We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Which assembly version should I choose

Hi,

I'm currently developping an application in .NET 4.5.2.
When I try to incorporate syncfusion component, I can use assembly from framework 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 or 4.5.1.

But, 4.5.1 seems less complete thant 4.5 or 4.0, and I can't use everything I wan with 4.0 or 4.5 ?
Is that normal ?

What's the best choice for my application ?

thanks

3 Replies

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team April 13, 2015 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for using our Syncfusion products.

Q1) I'm currently developping an application in .NET 4.5.2.
When I try to incorporate syncfusion component, I can use assembly from framework 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 or 4.5.1
A1)
We would like to let you know that we are not providing support for the 4.5.2 Syncfusion assemblies. During the installation of Syncfusion Essential Studio setup(Ex: v13.1.0.21), the Framework 4.5 Syncfusion controls will be configured in Visual Studio 2015 toolbox.

Q2) But, 4.5.1 seems less complete than 4.5 or 4.0, and I can't use everything I wan with 4.0 or 4.5 ?
Is that normal ?
A2)
We cannot able to proceed with the given information. In order to check the exact issue, we need detailed information on this query.

If you want to use 4.5.1 assemblies in Visual Studio 2015 project, please follow the below steps.

1. Please check whether the 4.5.1 Syncfusion assemblies are existing in below location.

Location: {Drive:}\{Program files folder)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version}\Assemblies\{framework version}
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.1.0.21\Assemblies\4.5.1

2. If Syncfusion assemblies not exist in the above location, then please run the Assembly Manager from the Syncfusion Essential Studio Dashboard(Ex: v13.1.0.21).

Please refer the below link to know more about the Assembly Manager utility:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/Documents/assemblymanager.htm

3. Run the ‘Toolbox Installer’ utility from the Syncfusion Essential Studio Dashboard(Ex: v13.1.0.21).

Please refer the below link to know more about the Toolbox Installer utility:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/Documents/toolboxconfiguration.htm

4. Now, you can able to use the 4.5.1 Syncfusion toolbox controls in your Visual Studio 2015 project.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

CH Chris April 13, 2015 12:41 PM UTC

Hi

Thanks for answer.

For your point A1) : is that means that syncfusion assemblies don't works fine with .NET .4.5.2 projects ? Cause now, .NET 4.5.2 is the recommanded to use for new .NET application, beacause of support lifetime.

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team April 14, 2015 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.

Q) Is that means that Syncfusion assemblies don't works fine with .NET .4.5.2 projects ? Cause now, .NET 4.5.2 is the recommended to use for new .NET application, because of support lifetime.
A)
No, we are not providing support for 4.5.2 Syncfusion assemblies, But you can use 4.5.1 Syncfusion assemblies in .NET 4.5.2 projects. It will work.

But we would like to inform that we are going to provide the Visual Studio 2015 Syncfusion assemblies from our upcoming volume release(2015 Volume 2).

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon