We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

pdf viewer

Hi,

I can't seem to add Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.dll to my references, its necessary for the pdfviewer to work.

How did you guys do it?

br,

Marco

17 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team October 25, 2013 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.winmd reference is necessary for including PDF Viewer control into Windows Store application. Please make sure to include “Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd” and not “Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.dll”.

Please find our online documentation for including the PDF Viewer control into Windows Store application in the link below.

Documentation link: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/default.htm#!Documents/addingpdfviewercontr.htm

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

MA marco October 29, 2013 10:03 AM UTC

I succesfully implemented the pdfviewer into my application.

Now I face a different problem. When I load a pdf file, most of the time I only get blank pages or only the first page is shown and the others are blank.

This is how I load a file in codebehind :

var stream = await file.OpenAsync(Windows.Storage.FileAccessMode.Read)

Stream fileStream = stream.AsStreamForRead()

byte[] buffer = new byte[fileStream.Length];

fileStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);

PdfLoadedDocument ldoc = new PdfLoadedDocument(buffer);

pdfViewer.LoadDocument(ldoc);

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please provide us the PDF document that is displayed blank in the PDF Viewer? This would help up investigate on this issue and get back to you with more information.

If the document contains confidential information please create a Direct Trac incident and post the document there.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Suresh

MA marco October 30, 2013 09:44 AM UTC

I provided 2 pdf files

Vanalles_332a3fd3.rar

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2013 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

We are able to reproduce the issue with the documents provided. We have attached the sample in the link below with which we tried to reproduce the issue. Please modify this sample or provide us a new sample with which the issue could be reproduced.

Sample link: PDFViewerWintRT.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2013 05:14 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Kindly ignore our previous response

We are not able to reproduce the issue with the documents provided. We have attached a sample in the link below with which we tried to reproduce the issue. Please modify this sample or provide us a new sample with which the issue could be reproduced.

Sample link: PDFViewerWintRT.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

SE Stephan Eggenberger November 14, 2013 07:37 PM UTC

Hi 
I have exact the same problem with the blank pages as Marco has.
I tried the attached demo project.
Thanks for your help,
Stephan

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 19, 2013 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

Can you please confirm that you have tried the sample we have provided in the last post of this forum. If you still face the issue please create a Direct trac incident to provide more details about your machine configuration for helping us to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Suresh

DE devPa November 20, 2013 01:52 PM UTC

Hello,
same problem for me. Already tried demo without success. :-/

Windows 8
VS 2012 Update 3 - .NET 4.5 - C#
WinRT (XAML) 11.3.0.30

Thanks.
Vincenzo

DE devPa November 20, 2013 02:12 PM UTC

Update: problem not solved even with v11.3.0.33 (Service Pack) :-/

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 22, 2013 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Vincenzo,

We are not able to reproduce the issue, please find the sample available in the link below with which we tried to reproduce the issue. Please modify this sample or provide us a new sample with which the issue could be reproduced.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/114356/PDFViewerWintRT1901925359.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 22, 2013 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Vincenzo,

We are not able to reproduce the issue, please find the sample available in the link below with which we tried to reproduce the issue. Please modify this sample or provide us a new sample with which the issue could be reproduced.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/114356/PDFViewerWintRT1901925359.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

DE devPa November 25, 2013 09:46 AM UTC

Hello,

I tried to deploy solution on x86 platforms.
I've added these references and i can successfully build the solution, but all pdf files loaded are blank.

http://www.imagestorming.com/OVPZ

http://www.imagestorming.com/OVPr

As soon as possible (today) I will try to test the ARM solution on Surface RT.

The references are OK? 
Documentation says "Add  [...] Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT assemblies as reference to the project",but there isn't this dll at path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.33\PrecompiledAssemblies\11.3.0.33\DirectX\8.0\XXX".... :-/

Thanks for your support.
Vincenzo

DE devPa November 25, 2013 04:33 PM UTC

Update: Same behaviour on Surface RT :-(

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team November 26, 2013 03:45 AM UTC

Hi Vincenzo,

We are not able to reproduce the issue “Blank pages are displayed in the PDF Viewer”. Can you please open a Direct Trac incident to help us investigate the issue and get back to you with a solution. The references you added to the project are correct.

Thanks,

Suresh

FB FMS Bilgisayar Otom. Dan. Egt. Hizm. Oto. San ve T March 13, 2014 07:34 AM UTC

I encountered the same problem. Pdfviwer shows only blank pages . I tried to run my code on windows 8.1 then pdfviewer worked correctly.  Is there any solution for windows 8 ?

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team replied to FMS Bilgisayar Otom. Dan. Egt. Hizm. Oto. San ve T March 13, 2014 11:46 AM UTC

I encountered the same problem. Pdfviwer shows only blank pages . I tried to run my code on windows 8.1 then pdfviewer worked correctly.  Is there any solution for windows 8 ?

Hi,

We believe that a Direct trac incident is already created and followed up for this issue (incident 120293). Please follow up the incident for the solution.

Thanks,

Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon