We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Two working versions of Syncfusion

Hi,

I have a problem, how to configure two current versions of Syncfusion on one computer.
I need EssentialStudio 9.1.0.20 for winforms applications (.NET 3.5) with VisualStudio 2010 Professional  and EssentialStudio 11.1.0.21 for ASP.NET MVC (.NET 4.0 or 4.5) with VS2012 Express for Web.

First of all I don't see any Syncfusion controls in VS2012 Express toolbar - how to install it? (screen in attachment)
Second is it possible to have two working versions?

If I use assembly manager from 9.1.0.20 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2012.
If I use assembly manager from 11.1.0.21 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2010.

Is it possible to install ES properly and how it can be done?

Regards
Roman

toolbox_2fcc509d.zip

5 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 15, 2013 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Roman,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please find my response for your queries below.

Q1) I don't see any Syncfusion controls in VS2012 Express toolbar - how to install it?

A1) Syncfusion Controls do not have toolbox support in Visual Studio Express Edition, but you can able to configure the Syncfusion controls manually into the Visual Studio toolbox. Could you please follow the help content link mentioned below for how to configure Syncfusion controls into the visual Studio toolbox?

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/1012manuallyconfigur.htm

Q2) is it possible to have two working versions? If I use assembly manager from 9.1.0.20 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2012. If I use assembly manager from 11.1.0.21 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2010. Is it possible to install ES properly and how it can be done?

A2) Yes. It is possible to have two working versions on a machine. Syncfusion supports multiple versions of Essential Studio setup to install in the same machine.

Could you please share the error details with screenshot about “ If I use assembly manager from 9.1.0.20 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2012. If I use assembly manager from 11.1.0.21 version then I have problem with Syncfusion.Core in VS2010.” which will help us to analyze the issue better?

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vadivel N

RS Roman Sznajder April 18, 2013 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Vadivel,

Error appears for example if I try to run a sample. Screenshots in attachments.

Regards,
Roman

error_d923902a.zip

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 19, 2013 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Roman,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We found that multiple versions of Syncfusion assemblies were referred in your project from your attachment. In your MVCSampleBrowser_2010 project, Syncfusion.Core is referred from the installed location and it has the version 9.104.0.20. Remaining referenced Syncfusion assemblies in your project are referred from GAC and has the version 11.1. This is the root cause for the issue.

Could you please make sure Syncfusion assembly versions are referred single version in a project?

In order to resolve the assembly reference issue, could you please follow the below mentioned KB article to know about how to build projects with multiple versions of Syncfusion assemblies?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2127

Regards,

Vadivel N

RS Roman Sznajder April 21, 2013 06:04 PM UTC

Hi Vadivel 

I don't understand your answer. I have two versions of Essential Studio installed on W7 Professional 64-bit. When I use only one version everything works properly. The problem is how can I use two different versions? Should I delete one version libraries from GAC before building another project with second version? It is very, very, very inconvenient.
I am looking for some easy "byway". 
The easiest way, I think for now, is to have two computers - each with another version of Syncfusion.
Please try to work with two versions of Essential in two different projects and you will see the problem (toolbar, Core library etc.).

Regards,
Roman

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 22, 2013 07:07 PM UTC

Hi Roman, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

Please find my response for your queries below. 

Q1)The problem is how can I use two different versions? Should I delete one version libraries from GAC before building another project with second version? 

A1)Syncfusion supports multiple version in GAC. So no need to delete another version assemblies in GAC and you can refer the single version in a project by setting the Syncfusion assemblies specific version and Copy Local as True in your project. Please refer the below link to know about the Assembly Manager.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/Common/default.htm#!documents/621assemblymanager.htm

Please refer the screenshot below.

Please make sure the following things before build your application.

1) Multiple versions of Syncfusion assemblies does not referred in your project.

2) Please delete bin and obj folders exist in the application directory.

Q2) Please try to work with two versions of Essential in two different projects and you will see the problem (toolbar, Core library etc.). 

A2) We can able to use only one version control in Visual Studio toolbox.  It is not possible to use different version controls in Visual Studio toolbox . If you are installing the latest version setup on a machine in which older version is already installed, then older version controls are replaced by the latest version controls. So latest version controls will be configure in Visual Studio toolbox. Likewise, if you want the older version controls to be view in Visual Studio toolbox, then please remove the latest version assembly from GAC and install the required version assembly  in GAC using the Assembly Manager utility.

Regards,

Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon