How do I embed a manifest file into my exe
A Win32 resource must be added to your .exe. The type of the resource must be "RT_MANIFEST" and the resource id must be "1". An easy way to do this is with Visual Studio.NET:
- Open your exe in VS (file -> open file)
- Right click on it and select add resource
- Click "Import..." from the dialog
- Select your manifest file
- In the "Resource Type" field, enter "RT_MANIFEST"
- In the property grid, change the resource ID from "101" to "1".
- Save the exe.
From Mike Harsh at gotnetdot.com.