We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export to Excel does not take filters into account

Hi,

I have an MVC4 page with the Syncfusion Grid and some filters around the grid (ListBox). These filters work perfect when using a pager (I declared an OnBeginAction where I store all current filter values in args.data). 

But the default Export to Excel button is not able to do this. It can respond to a OnToolbarClickEvent. But this doesn't give me access to args.data. 

Is there a workaround for this?

2 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team November 21, 2013 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Bas,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that in toolbar click event for excel check the condition  if (args._currentItemIndex == 0) then save the value in a variable and append the variable to the Excel form. In ExportToExcel action find the appended value in FormCollection  fc variable.

Please refer the below code snippets for your reference.

[controller.cs]

public ActionResult ExportToExcel(PagingParams args, FormCollection fc)  //find the value in  fc->base->All Keys.

{

var data = OrderRepository.GetAllRecords().Take(200).ToList();

return data.GridExportToExcel<MvcApplication627.Models.Student>("GridExcel.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Excel2007, args.ExportOption);

}

[view.cshtml]

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

function ToolbarClick(sender, args) {

if (args._currentItemIndex == 0) {

var excel = "<input type='hidden' name='10000' id='excel'/>";

$("#GenericListGrid_exportExcel").append(excel);

}

}

</script>

Please refer our sample from the below link for your reference.

Link-Export.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

P.Sarathkumar.

FH Faizan Haider February 24, 2018 03:38 PM UTC

Yes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon