We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus combos

Is there any way to use a more advanced combo box in the xpmenus toolbars? I see a listview property in the combo box bar item, which I assume makes it a ComboBoxExt-type combo, but can I somehow make it behave like a ComboDropDown? regards Anders

6 Replies

AN Anders January 20, 2004 08:46 AM UTC

Wait, I think I can answer this one myself: Use a XPMenus.DropDownBarItem and use whatever fancy list in the PopupControlContainer?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Anders, Refer to the following KnowledgeBase Article: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10145 Also take a look at the XPMenusMDI sample which is part of Menus Package samples. Right click barManager1 and choose Add Detached Bar You can then drop a control to this bar. If you want to add mulitple controls you can place a panel in the detached bar and then add controls to the panel. Regards Arun

AN Anders January 21, 2004 05:43 AM UTC

Thanks I''d rather use the ComboDropDown item than the detatched mode, to get a coherent look and customization with the rest of the toolbar. This is the problem: -The ComboBoxBarItem looks the way i want (i.e. like an ordinary combo) but does not support my custom control to be dropped down. -The DropDownBarItem looks the way I want when dropped down, but does not look or act like a combo on the toolbar. -The detatched bars will not allow customizing together with the rest of the toolbar, and the normal ComboDropDown that I can use on the detached bar cannot be set to use the same height as my other combos on the toolbar. I''d like to use the DropDownBarItem, but is there any way to customize the look of it to look more like a combo box? Regards Anders

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Anders, Thanks for your feedback regarding the ComboBoxBarItem. With reference to your questions: a) You can specify any listbox control for the dropdown in a ComboBoxBarItem. Refer again to the XPMenusMDI sample where it demonstrates how you can use a FontListBox. b)The ComboBoxBarItem provides a Combobox-like interface in the bar for you by enabling you to plug in a listbox. c)There is no easy way to do this. Since the menu items cannot be owner drawn, this cannot be easily accomplished. Regards Arun

SA Sai May 26, 2009 11:15 AM UTC

How can we set multicolumn combo in an xptoolbar
i have placed comboboxbaritem but could not find multicolumn combo bar item

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team June 1, 2009 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Sai,

Thank you for your update.

Answering your question might involve sharing of proprietary information available only to our customers, so could you please post this query in a support incident using your Direct Trac account?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon