We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

copy contents of readonly cell

In my application I am using DataBinding similar to your sample Indexer Binder Demo.

The data includes CurrentValue and DefaultValue columns.
CurrentValue is the only column that can be edited.

I would like to be able to copy a cell value from the DefaultValue column and paste it into a cell in the CurrentValue. The DefaultValue has IsReadOnly=true and CellType="TextBlock" but later I might use CellType="DoubleEdit"
What am I missing to allow copy of a readonly cell?

5 Replies

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team June 14, 2011 12:11 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed the reported issue, By default when a column's IsReadOnly property is set to true then we cannot copy and paste a particular cell value from that column to another cell in the grid. If you want to copy and paste a cell value then you can set the IsReadOnly property to true.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramesh.V

MF Mary Fontana June 14, 2011 06:41 PM UTC

In my application I have a "current value" column that can be changed. There is also a "starting value" column that is read only. I want to allow the user to reset the selected cell's current value to the starting value.

I might just instead then have a menu item on the current value that will allow them to be reset to startingvalue.

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team June 15, 2011 01:06 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location.
Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=Value_Reset_bb01e5af.zip&team=testingftp

Regards,
Ramesh.V

MF Mary Fontana June 17, 2011 07:22 PM UTC

Thank you for your sample.

Is there a way to do a similar copy, then paste into multiple cells
when you use GridDataControl and bind the data source?

I tried using
AllowSelection="Multiple" but did not see multiple cells being selected.

Also my application is very similar to the sample below:

Sample:< http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=WPF_GDC_CheckBox653364425.zip >

RV Ramesh V Syncfusion Team June 20, 2011 07:11 AM UTC

Hi,

We have analyzed your requirement with your sample. If you want to select more than one cell means please include the following code in you application.

Code snippet [C#]:

this.gdc.ListBoxSelectionMode = GridSelectionMode.None;

Now you can select multiple cells using Ctrl key.

Regards,
Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon