We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager - SetSize property

Hi, I have a UserControl (docTypeManager1) registered as a Docked Window within a form. 1) I want to show this usercontrol and change its size after clicking on a menu (like a search): this.dockingManager1.SetDockVisibility(this.docTypeManager1, true); this.docTypeManager1.Size = new Size(473,250); The usercontrol is displayed but the size does not change! Its value is still the initial one (defined in InitializeComponent). Is it possible to change the size programmatically? Should'nt it be with a dockingManager1.SetSize property? 2) In design mode, when I change the tab displayed, for example switch from design mode (for a form where I put the docked window) to code mode, the docked window is still shown (like if it was still in design mode). This is a bit annoying. Sebastien

2 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team September 13, 2002 01:51 AM UTC

Sebastien, There isn't any direct way to programmatically change a docked control's bounds as any size/location changes would involve a recalculation of the complete dock layout. I will go ahead and file a feature request and we will do our best to provide this implementation in a future version of Essential Tools. One way to workaround this limitation would be to temporarily float the control using the DockingManager.FloatControl() method and then redock it using the DockControl() method and the new size. If you have trouble with this implementation, please open up a support incident using the Direct-Trac system and update us with the specifics. As for the docking window remaining visible when the design tab is switched, I do not quite understand the problem description. I just checked with the MDIDemo sample and switching the app's MainForm between the design and code tabs seems to be working normally and I see no docked windows remaining visible in the code view. Please elaborate on this issue. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

SL Sebastien Lange September 13, 2002 05:18 AM UTC

Prakash, For the first pbm, the workaround works for me. For the second one, it doesn't occur anymore (after restarting VS.NET). It seems it is only the first time, when you add the docked window. But I cannot find the correct sequence to reproduce it. (see zip attached, docked Frame 'Document Type...') Sometimes, I have the same pbm with the Customize frame of a ChildFrameBarManager. Sebastien

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon