We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Currency Cell and ForeColor

I''ve been able to change the Forecolor in a Currency Cell when the Cell Value is different than Zero (using OnDraw). When the Cell Value is Zero the Forecolor does not change. Why? Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. TIA, Jose

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2004 02:34 PM UTC

The CurrencyEdit control from our tools (which the grid''s cell control is based on) does have a Zero color property, but this was not exposed in the grid version. We will have to change that. As far as a work around until there is a release that handles this, maybe you can do what you want with PrepareViewStyleInfo.
private void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.ColIndex > 0 && e.RowIndex > 0 && e.Style.CellType == "Currency")
	{
		double d = 0;
		try
		{
			d = double.Parse(e.Style.Text, e.Style.CurrencyEdit.NumberFormatInfoObject);
		}
		catch{}
		if( d == 0)
		{
			e.Style.CurrencyEdit.PositiveColor = Color.Purple;
		}
	}
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2004 04:31 PM UTC

>The CurrencyEdit control from our tools (which the grid''s cell control is based on) does have a Zero color property, but this was not exposed in the grid version. We will have to change that. > >As far as a work around until there is a release that handles this, maybe you can do what you want with PrepareViewStyleInfo. >
>private void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
>{
>	if(e.ColIndex > 0 && e.RowIndex > 0 && e.Style.CellType == "Currency")
>	{
>		double d = 0;
>		try
>		{
>			d = double.Parse(e.Style.Text, e.Style.CurrencyEdit.NumberFormatInfoObject);
>		}
>		catch{}
>		if( d == 0)
>		{
>			e.Style.CurrencyEdit.PositiveColor = Color.Purple;
>		}
>	}
>}
>
It did not work like you suggested. Everytime you set a Color either Positive, Negative or ForeColor there is a call to a SetControlColor() method in Tools.NumberTextBoxBase resetting the ZeroColor propety always to "Color [ControlText]".

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2004 08:03 PM UTC

It seems to work in this sample. What am I missing? CS-Currency_8248.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2004 01:04 PM UTC

Attached is a screen shot, no pink color anywhere. Notice although that I was not able to compile the example. I have to comment these two lines: //gridControl1.VScrollPixel = true; //gridControl1.HScrollPixel = true; I''m using Syncfusion 1.6.1.8 and VS 2003, how about you? currency_4660.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2004 07:24 PM UTC

I am using the 2020 beta which is why you had to remove those two properties. In 2020, I can see the color sepecified in PrepareViewStyleInfo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon