We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can I use DocIO to generate Word doc''s in C++?

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can use the DocIO lib's (dll's) to develop an application in Microsoft Visual Studio (2008, 2010) with C++.

The goal is to create Word documents starting from XML templates.

Thanks for your advice.

Johan Vermeire
Software engineer

2 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team April 4, 2011 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential DocIO supports all native languages. DocIO can be used to create an application in Microsoft Visual studio with C++. For your requirement of creating word document from an XML template, please refer the code snippet from below and let us know if this helps you.

Code Snippet:
Syncfusion ::DocIO ::DLS ::WordDocument^ doc=gcnew Syncfusion ::DocIO ::DLS ::WordDocument();
doc->Open ("Input.xml",Syncfusion::DocIO ::FormatType::Xml );
doc->Save ("Sample.doc",Syncfusion::DocIO ::FormatType ::Doc);

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team April 4, 2011 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Johan,

Please ignore my previous update.

Regarding your query “Create Word document starting from XML templates”, here did you mean creating a word document from Word ML document? Currently Essential DocIO does not have support for reading and writing Word ML documents. We have already logged this as a feature request. The feature implementation would greatly depend upon factors like product design, code complexity and compatibility. We do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon