We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to Detect Node Collisions?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98736 Mar 23,2011 05:39 PM Apr 6,2011 09:00 AM WPF 3
Tags: Diagram
Phil Sullivan
Asked On March 23, 2011 05:39 PM

Is there a way I could detect dragging an existing Node on top of another? I need to be able to drag a Node and detect if it is touching any other Nodes on the diagram?

Maria Amal Raj T [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 29, 2011 08:41 AM

Hi Phil,

Currently there is no inbuilt option to show overlapping of Nodes. But this can be determined in sample, please refer the sample from the attachment. In this sample while dragging overlapping on node is represented in a TextBlock.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion].

NodeDragOverLapping_43130191.zip

Phil Sullivan
Replied On March 29, 2011 12:52 PM

Thank you for the sample. It would achieve what I was looking to do. I am satisfied with this sample, but it would be great if a future release had a built in ability to detect Node collisions similar to how it detect when a connection is made. Thank you for your time.

Maria Amal Raj T [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 6, 2011 09:00 AM

Hi Phil,

We consider ‘determining of overlapping between Nodes’ as a feature request, and we will implement this feature in our future release. If you interested in getting information about this feature, then you may create a Direct-Trac incident under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion].

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;