We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to Detect Node Collisions?

Is there a way I could detect dragging an existing Node on top of another? I need to be able to drag a Node and detect if it is touching any other Nodes on the diagram?

3 Replies

MA Maria Amal Raj T Syncfusion Team March 29, 2011 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Phil,

Currently there is no inbuilt option to show overlapping of Nodes. But this can be determined in sample, please refer the sample from the attachment. In this sample while dragging overlapping on node is represented in a TextBlock.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion].

NodeDragOverLapping_43130191.zip

PS Phil Sullivan March 29, 2011 04:52 PM UTC

Thank you for the sample. It would achieve what I was looking to do. I am satisfied with this sample, but it would be great if a future release had a built in ability to detect Node collisions similar to how it detect when a connection is made. Thank you for your time.

MA Maria Amal Raj T Syncfusion Team April 6, 2011 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Phil,

We consider ‘determining of overlapping between Nodes’ as a feature request, and we will implement this feature in our future release. If you interested in getting information about this feature, then you may create a Direct-Trac incident under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion].

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon