We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

New Row

1. How to get access programmatically to GDBGrid.Binder new row ? 2. Tell me if my thought is correct. From RowEditing event at a new row I call immediately Binder.AddNew Binder row count shows 1 plus than Currency Manager(DataView) which increased also. The previous new row of Binder is now a detached row of DataView . I do the editing and as I am leaving the row the Binder writes the data cached internally to the DataSource. How to catch the event and to set values ? Thanks

3 Replies

ST stefan_t January 14, 2004 02:34 PM UTC

One more , I haven''t all the fields of my DataRow as columns of GDBGrid. I set only few columns instead to set all and hide which I don''t need For this reason I call immediately the AddNew at RowEditing so to be able to set the values in Currency Manager detached row. I hope I follow the right way. thanks

ST stefan_t January 14, 2004 04:54 PM UTC

Ok, I have solved this way RowEditing ... if(e.IsAddNew) { Me.Binder.AddNew(); dv=(DataRowView)CurrManager.Current; dv["DESCRIPTION"]="Hi"; } RowLeave... dv=(DataRowView)CurrManager.Current; if RowState==DataRowState.Detached Table.ImportRow(dv.Row); Is there any other more convinient way ? Regards

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2004 05:14 PM UTC

I do not know of a better way. This handles things dynamically (not depending on DataColumn.DefaultValue property), and you can initialize any fields, even those not display in the grid.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon