We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Set delay before dockable control collapses?

When using the DockingManager, assume a control has been added to the docking system, has been docked to the left border, is in autohide mode, and is currently hidden. This control contains a series of LinkLabels that allow the user to navigate to various areas of the application. A typical user will click on the iconized image at the dock point, wait for the control to "pop out" and then move his mouse down and to the right to click on one of the navigation links in the control. Some users, however, move their mouse down slightly before moving to the right. By moving down first, there is a very brief period of time (maybe 100ms or so) when the mouse is not on the dockable control. The control therefore automatically hides itself and the user wonders "what happened to my navigation screen? It keeps going away before I can click something..." Is there a way to set the delay before a dockable control in autohide mode "pops in" (i.e. becomes hidden). If I could set this to like 100ms, it would solve the problem. I think this is the way Visual Studio.NET handles their own popup windows. I''m looking for something like: DockMgr.SetHideDelay(ctl,100); Is this possible? Day Vid

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2004 08:50 PM UTC

Hi Day Vid, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We already have an open QA report (QA# 209) in this regard, and I have updated it on your behalf thereby upping its priority. We will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest and incorporate it in our future releases. Thanks for your patience, and we appreciate your feedback on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2004 10:36 PM UTC

Ok, thanks... How can I view Q209 so that I can keep apprised of the status of this issue? I didn''t see Q209 in your QA section. Day Vid

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2004 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Day Vid, This is the link to your QA report #209 . Our apologies for the inconveniences caused. Our new website still needs to be fine tuned, and we are striving hard to improve its quality. We appreciate your feedback on ths issue, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 04:28 PM UTC

Hi Day Vid, The DockingManager now includes a new AutoHideInterval property that permits the show/hide interval for autohidden controls to be set by the application. The default interval has also been increased to 400 milliseconds to allow a bit of leniency in mouse movement over the tabs. This property is expected to be included in the next build of Essential Suite. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon