We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl Bound To BindingSource

Hi,

I was wondering if it is posssible to bind a GridGroupingControl with nested child tables directly to a BindingSource. I have tried to set the tblCustomersBindingSource as the DataSource in the attached example but I get an error in the Application.Run(new Form1()); line when I run the sample. I know I can set the DataSet as the DataSource and the Customers Table as the DataMemeber, but I would like to Bind to the tblCustomersBindingSource instead so that I can filter the Customers easily and access other usefull BindingSource properties. Is this possible and if so can you please let me know what I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

GGC_AccessEmulation_e48a1fb8.zip

1 Reply

MA Mahendran Syncfusion Team February 28, 2011 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are not able to reproduce the error in application.You have to set foreignkey relationship to child tables.The following code explains the same.Please refer the following dashboard sample.

Code snippet [C #]

// Setting up Master-Details Relation between Employees and Territories.
GridRelationDescriptor gridRelationDescriptor1 = new GridRelationDescriptor();
gridRelationDescriptor1.MappingName = "EmployeesEmployeeTerritories";
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(gridRelationDescriptor1);

Please refer the samples from the sample browser from the following location in the machine that has Essential Studio installed:

{Installed Drive}:\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Version Number}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Relations And Hierarchy\Employee Territory Order Demo\

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
R.Mahendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon