We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

ToolTip of a cell

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

9822 Jan 13,2004 07:44 AM UTC Jan 13,2004 09:39 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Ivan Fernandez
Asked On January 13, 2004 07:44 AM UTC

Hello, I want to establish the tooltip of the cells, but the problem is that I don''t know the text I''m going to asign in the moment in which the QueryCellInfo event is fired. The cell isn''t a normal cell, it''s a cell in which I have got a personalized control. What event have i got to manage and how?? Thanks, Ivan.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 13, 2004 09:39 AM UTC

QueryCellInfo (or something eqivalent like PrepareViewStyleInfo) is where you will have to set the tiptext. When will you know what the text should be? At that point, save it somehow so that you can then later retrieve it in QueryCellInfo. Then call grid.RefreshRange to force QueryCellInfo to be called so your new tiptext can be used. So, then in you QueryCellInfo handler, if the tipText for the requested cell has been saved, then set it in e.Style.CellTipText. If it is not known, then you cannot show it. If it is known then it would be shown.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;