We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ToolTip of a cell

Hello, I want to establish the tooltip of the cells, but the problem is that I don''t know the text I''m going to asign in the moment in which the QueryCellInfo event is fired. The cell isn''t a normal cell, it''s a cell in which I have got a personalized control. What event have i got to manage and how?? Thanks, Ivan.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2004 09:39 AM UTC

QueryCellInfo (or something eqivalent like PrepareViewStyleInfo) is where you will have to set the tiptext. When will you know what the text should be? At that point, save it somehow so that you can then later retrieve it in QueryCellInfo. Then call grid.RefreshRange to force QueryCellInfo to be called so your new tiptext can be used. So, then in you QueryCellInfo handler, if the tipText for the requested cell has been saved, then set it in e.Style.CellTipText. If it is not known, then you cannot show it. If it is known then it would be shown.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon