We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ChartControl XML Serialization

Hi,

I'm trying to serialyze some Syncfusion objects, particularly ChartControls, and I not able to do it.

Do you have a method to serialyze/deserialyze a Charcontrol? When I say serialyze I don't mean export only the points, I want to serlialyze every public fields and be able to retrieve the whole charts easily?

An XLM serialization would be absolutely perfect !

Thank you very much in advance.

Yannick

2 Replies

YN Yannick Nabrin February 14, 2011 04:58 AM UTC

This is what I'm trying to do, I have an XML fatal error

ChartControl chart = new ChartControl();
Stream s = null;
s = File.Create("C:\\HOMEWARE\\" + chart.Titles[0].Text + ".xml");

System.Xml.XmlWriter xw = new System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(s, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8);

System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer xs = new System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(chart.Series.GetType());
xs.Serialize(xw, chart.Series);

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team February 15, 2011 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Based on your requirement we have created a simple sample. Please download the sample from below location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Serialization-660479702.zip

For further reference on serialization/deserialization you can refer Essential studio(2011, vol1) sample browser. In which we have already created a sample for serialization in the following path.

Path: Essential Chart/User interaction/Serialization Demo

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Saravanan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon