We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DropDownCalendar and AutoPostBackValueChanged event

Hi,

I’m using the DropDownCalendarControl version 8.104.0.30, and AutoPostBackValueChanged event occurs when this control lost focus.

On the previous version (7.403.0.9) when the date is selected, this event occurs immediately.

What would I like know is why of this behavior? Is it new? How can I configure it as in the older version?

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team February 10, 2011 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Israel,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue reported by you. I have checked this issue in the versions mentioned by you. But still postback occurs only when the date in the DropDownCalendar is changed and when the control is out of the textbox. Please refer the following code snippet, If your intension is to cause the postback even when changing the date in the DropDownCalendarTextBox by manually invoking postback at the client side function “ClientSideOnValueChange”.

[ASPX]
AutoPostBackOnValueChanged="true" ClientSideOnValueChange="onChanged(this)" onvaluechanged="DropDownCalendarControl1_ValueChanged">

[JavaScript]
function onChanged(obj) {
__doPostBack(obj.HtmlID, obj.Value);//manually causing postback on changing values in the DropDownCalendar control
}

[C#]
protected void DropDownCalendarControl1_ValueChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Label1.Text = "Value changed to ->" + DropDownCalendarControl1.Text;
}

I have also prepared a simple sample and it can be downloaded from the below link,
981531853099733.zip

Kindly try this and let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Varalakshmi.R.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon