We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

The Skip property of the BeginCellLayout event

Hi

I'm trying to use the BeginCellLayout/EndCellLayout event to replace the numeric value with an image. This work almost fine.

My problem is that if I set the Skip-property of the event args to True (to avoid having the numeric value from the ADO Datatable displaying in the cell), the CellStyle is also omitted...

So, when I, in the EndCellLayout draw my image in the cell, the image is rendered just fine, but I have no CellStyle for the cell.

So my question is:

Is it possible to Skip the numeric value (or at least set it to blank text) without skipping the cellstyle?

Thanks!
Jon

3 Replies

PJ Priyadharshini J Syncfusion Team February 10, 2011 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

The skip property in the BeginCellLayout event is to skip the specified cell, that is, the cell itself is not drawn. As the specified cell is not drawn, the cell style cannot be preserved. We can place the image instead of numeric value, only by drawing the image over the numeric value using the "EndCellLayout event".

Sample for the same is placed in the location below:
CellSkip97692975.zip

Kindly try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Priyadharshini.

JA Jon Andersen February 22, 2011 08:07 PM UTC

Hi Priyadharshini!

Thank you for the clarification.

I see what you mean, and your solution would do the trick.

Actually, I went for the PdfGrid instead (using the BackgroundImage on the CellStyle to represent the Image cell).

The PdfGrid was actually easier and more pleasant to work with in my scenario (plus it is supported in Silverlight, which is a big issue for me).

Thanks!

Jon

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 23, 2011 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Jon,

Glad to hear that the solution works for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon