We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Error! Why hasn''t this been fixed?

I swore to myself that I''d never use SyncFusion in the future, but yet here I am in this darned tech support forum again. I''m not sure why I''m even bothering with this but, just for laughs... you guys ARE aware that version 1.6.1.8 that''s downloadable from your site doesn''t work, right? It just generates licensing errors [even for registered users with a valid product key!]. It turns out the reason for this is that you packaged a bad file in the 1.6.1.8 download. The solution is explained at http://www.syncfusion.net/squiffler/patches/v1618/lic_update.htm... but do you know how I found this out? By searching friggin'' *google*! Now everyone makes mistakes, but is there any excuse for not updating the setup file given that the error was discovered well over a month ago? Furthermore, even if the programmers are too lazy to update this setup file, why not AT LEAST put a BIG disclaimer by the download link that says "This setup file contains invalid contents and since we don''t feel like fixing it you should vist this URL for a hack to actually make this product work.".... would have saved me many hours!!

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

Hi Day Vid, We did have a licensing error with the original release of 1.6.1.8. However this was reported within a few days of the product being made available and we did update the install immediately. The licensing patch was posted to help customers who had already installed the product fix the problem without having to reinstall. We were unable to locate you in our customer database. Did you contact support about this issue before? Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2004 10:46 PM UTC

Hello... I should be in your customer database under the email address dsworder@cts.com [although that email address is no longer valid]. I can assure you that the 1.6.1.8 that is posted to your web site right now contains the bad file (_Fusion) and needs the patch in order to run. That''s why I''m saying that you either need to rebuild that setup file with the correct _Fusion file or post a disclaimer by the download link telling people what to do... The bottom line is that if someone just clicks the link, downloads the file, and installs it, they''ll get the licensing error. Hope this makes sense. Day Vid

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2004 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Day Vid, I have verified that the download available on the website is the correct version. It is possible, that if you selected to run/open the file, instead of downloading the new file, that you were actually installing an IE cached version of the previously bad download. To resolve this, please save the file to your hard drive, and run the installation from there. If you currently have it installed, select the second option in the install dialog to upgrade existing products. The file date for _FusionLic.dll should be 10/13/2003. Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulties. Thank you, and have a great day! -Trampas

PE Paul Evans January 14, 2004 08:12 PM UTC

Hi, Just a friendly message to let you know that I downloaded version 1.6.1.8 today (14 Jan 2004) and the license problem is still there. Paul.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 15, 2004 12:29 PM UTC

It''s bizzare to me that they keep claiming that the 1.6.1.8 download is fine. It''s not. Three people [on this forum] have mentioned the problem, yet it''s still not fixed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 15, 2004 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Everyone, The main download for Essential Suite was updated with the correct version of the installation. However, the install listed under the patch/update section was not replaced. This was overlooked, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. The bad install has been replaced. Please let us know if difficulties still continue. Thank you, and have a great day. -Trampas

DW David Whatley January 25, 2004 03:28 AM UTC

Whew... good thing you figured that out because I was going to say that I had the exact same problem. I''m a little curious how you ever thought IE would use a "cached" version. I can''t think of any circumstance where that would ever happen. -- David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon