We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

System.StackOverflowException while using DockingManager in MEF project

Hi,

I'm using an open-source framework named SoapBox which is for building extensible applications using MEF and WPF with the MVVM. You can get more information about this framework through following links:

Building an Extensible Application with MEF, WPF, and MVVM
(http://www.codeproject.com/KB/WPF/SoapBoxCorePinBallDemo.aspx)

SoapBox Core
(https://soapboxautomation.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W18)

I get the following error when I close view containing DockingManager:
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll"

But I couldn't reproduce the error without using the SoapBox framework. It must be related with the MEF way of exporting views through ResourceDictionaries using DataTemplates. But I couldn't figure out why and I'm really stuck. I have to use the DockingManager but I can't find a work around. I need an immediate workaround for the problem.

I've tried to minimize the framework and attached a sample which shows the error. When you run the application there will be a tab name 'View with no error" (created in LayoutManagerView.xaml). Select the tab and close it. You won't see the error since it isn't created through MEF. But when you click the menu item View\High Scores, on the App tab the same view will be created through MEF (HighScoresView.xaml and HighScoresView.xaml.cs). When you close this view you should get be getting the error.

And I figured out that the problem comes from the bottom docked panes (Pane1, Pane2 and Pane3). When I remove the TargetNameInDockedMode="pane1" statement for Pane2 and Pane3 I don't get the error. When you open the solution please add Syncfusion.Core.dll and Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.dll's to lib folder.

I hope my sample helps someone to figure out the problem. I really, really need an immediate workaround for the solution without changing the layout in DockingManager.

Thanks in advance

SoapBox_Syncfusion_c288aece.zip

2 Replies

BK Boopesh Kumar T Syncfusion Team February 25, 2011 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Canxss,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This is the issue with DockingManager control and we have logged the issue report internally. Due to the complexity of the issue we need four week time for fix this issue. Please create the incident about this issue in our DirectTrac Support System. We will update you the patch for this issue through the DirectTrac.

Regards,
Boopesh

SL Swasthika Lakshmi I Syncfusion Team March 25, 2011 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Canxss,

We have fixed the StackOverflowException in DockingManager control and this fix will be publicly available in our Vol 2, 2011 release. If you are interested in getting a patch for this issue, then, please create a new incident under our Direct Trac Support system.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Swasthika Lakshmi.I

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon