We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tapping into the events of the current cell while in edit mode

Hey,

I've been using your WPF grid for quite a while. Recently, I wanted to change the value the user sees when the current cell enters edit mode. We are using suffixes for some cells to signify different properties of the data. So for example, a cell showing "40%D" should be changed to "40%" when entering edit mode. If the user changes the "40%" to "60%", when edit mode is left, the value should be updated to "60%D". I've tried using Grid.CurrentCellStartEditing, but the value of the cell doesn't get updated until editing mode is exited. Can someone please clarify how I would go about doing this?

We have also ran into other issues tapping into the context menu available while the cell is editing mode. Is it possible to access these?

Looking forward to a response,
- Will Graham

1 Reply

TT Thangaraj T Syncfusion Team February 3, 2011 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Will,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

You can achieve this by changing the NumberFormat of PercentEdit cell in CurrentCellStartEditing and CurrentCellEditingComplete event handler. We have created a sample for these things. Please find the sample for this in the following location.

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=PercentCell2042197549.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Thangaraj T.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon