We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTimeCell and saving changes

Essential Suite 1.6.1.8 Visual Studio 2002 Hello, I''m using the DateTimeCell cell type (I think it was a sample) in order to edit time values in the grid. I''m having a problem getting it to persist changes to the datasource. If I edit the value and then go through my save routine (call EndCurrentEdit on the BindingContext the grid is bound to) the renderer''s OnSaveChanges is not called. If I press enter at the end of the edit, then OnSaveChanges is called. If I use the tab key, it is not called. I''ve also tried calling grid.CurrentCell.ConfirmChanges() and that doesn''t force OnSaveChanges to be called either (and the DateTimeCell is the current cell). I''ve tried calling grid.Binder.EndEdit() and grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and these don''t have an effect either. So, what must one do to ensure that the underlying datasource is updated? If I could find the sample that I lifted the cell type from I would try to fashion a repro, but I can''t. Thanks, Sean

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2004 04:59 PM UTC

Check the code for your renderer class, and make sure CurrentCell.IsModified is set to true when a change is made. This is one flag that the renderer checks to see if OnSaveChanges should be called.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon