We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grouping Functionality Questions

Is it possible to use the grouping component as an olap tool with with functionality similiar to the excel pivittable? Scott

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2004 09:11 PM UTC

I don''t think the grouping engine matches the feature set of Excel Pivot tables. One feature the grouping engine is lacking is summaries across columns for each row. One idea to work around this would be to create an expression field to calculate the total of values in a row, but there is coding involved. Not sure what other features are not there. Would be interesting to take a closer look to find out what is missing but we have not done research on that yet. Stefan

ST Scott Todd January 9, 2004 07:20 PM UTC

I have not spent much time looking at the component. I thought that I would ask before I start. I looking for a control that I can add multiple filters like company/state/line with column totals. Row total do not interst me at this point. Also just as important is talking a filter such as state and move it to a column position instead of only at a row position. Hope this make sense. Scott

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon