We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

question about xbap publishing error

Hi,

I am currently using a trial version of the Chart Control. I have published an XBAP that contains references to the chart DLL's and it works fine locally but when I try to browse that xbap from a remote machine (that does not have the DLLs in the GAC) it comes up with this error:

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Syncfusion.Chart.Wpf Version 8.404.0.10 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

My test XBAP has no code other or references other than the default and the following Syncfusion namespaces

Syncfusion.Chart.Wpf
Syncfusion.Shared.Wpf

Is this because I am using a trial version of the control?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

AB ab ba November 24, 2010 08:01 AM UTC

The problem turned out to be that by default, in visual studio, when you publish an xbap with 3rd party controls, (in project properties, publish, application files) it will list the 'publish status' as 'Prerequisite (Auto)'.

You have to manually package the 3rd party DLL's with the xbap by changing the Publish Status to 'Include'.

Then the error I described above will be resolved.

SN Senthilkumar N Syncfusion Team November 24, 2010 01:24 PM UTC

Hi ab,

Thanks for your update. Please do not hesitate to open a new support incident if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Senthilkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon