We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

scatter symbol size

How can I change the size of the ellipse used to display points in a scatter chart?
Bill

16 Replies

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 9, 2010 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

We can achieve your requirement using Template property of ChartSeries. Find the sample code snippet below

XAML:

Canvas.Left="{Binding X}" Canvas.Top="{Binding Y}" ToolTip="{Binding ToolTip}">

We have also created a simple sample for your requirements, Please download the sample from the below location.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards
Nithin Kaushik

ScatterChart_4cdc9c28.zip

BS Bill Swartz November 15, 2010 08:27 PM UTC

Nithin,

Thanks for the sample. I noticed that changing the chart type from Scatter to FastScatter breaks your sample. Is there an easy way to modify the sample to work with FastScatter series?

Bill

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 18, 2010 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

We can achieve your requirement by inheriting the ChartFastSeriesPresenter class and overriding the OnRender method.

We have created a sample for your requirements, Please download the sample from the below location.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards
Nithin Kaushik

FastScatterChartSample_c5b8a99.zip

BS Bill Swartz November 18, 2010 05:26 PM UTC

Nithin,

Your sample works. I see class ChartFastScatterPresenter in Object Browser. I can find no helpful information about this class. Could it be of use? Am I overlooking information about this class?

Bill

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 22, 2010 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ChartFastSeriesPresenter is the base class for ChartFastScatterPresenter class, You can inherit the ChartFastScatterPresenter class and override The OnRender method and can change the size of the ellipse displayed in FastScatter chart type.

We have attached a sample based on your requirements.Please download the sample from the below location.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nithin Kaushik

ChartSample_c36f693a.zip

BS Bill Swartz November 29, 2010 05:10 PM UTC

Nithin, thanks.
Bill

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 30, 2010 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Bill,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products

Thanks for your update, and Please do not hesitate to open a new Forum if you ever need further assistance from us.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nithin Kaushik

JF John Fairbanks December 29, 2010 07:36 PM UTC

Seriously?! I can't tell y'all how much time I've spent trying to figure this out and I can't believe how HARD it is. Even the DataTemplate solution is hard. Can't y'all just add something like a MarkerSize attribute or something? The only official sample on using DataTemplate is useless (it is done through code behind using a stock template), and the documentation gives NO INFORMATION on how to use a template, just one example with no explanation.

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team December 31, 2010 10:48 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

We are using the low level API such as DrawingVisual concept to render Fast chart types to achieve better performance. So you cannot initialize fast chart types template in XMAL as we have defined for default Scatter chart type. You should customize your fast chart types in OnRender method of FastLineScatterPresenter class.

We have minimized the code for Fast Scatter with custom template sample. Please download the sample from the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=FastScatterCharts1288413969.zip

We will expose API properties to easily customize the size of Scatter and FastScatter chart type segment. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request and it will be available in our Volume-2 release which is scheduled on middle of April 2011.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Saravanan

JF John Fairbanks January 5, 2011 04:15 PM UTC

Thanks for your explaination and for the simplified example. This stuff works like a charm now. Difficult to use, but extremely fast performance which is what is really important.

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team January 6, 2011 05:46 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to open a new support incident in Direct Trac if you ever need further assistance from us.

Regards,
Saravanan

MM Matt Machalinski June 7, 2011 10:08 PM UTC

I just downloaded the latest version 9.2, and do not see the API properties that were supposed to be in the April build. Could you please let me know what the API properties are to change marker size?

MM Matt Machalinski June 7, 2011 10:13 PM UTC

Nevermind, just found the new scatter demo and:

ChartScatterType.SetScatterHeight(ser, height.Value);
and
ChartScatterType.SetScatterWidth(ser, height.Value);

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team June 8, 2011 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to open a new support incident in Direct Trac if you ever need further assistance from us.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Saravanan

JF John Fairbanks June 13, 2011 02:12 PM UTC

Thanks for adding this! Exactly what we needed.

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team June 14, 2011 05:22 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Saravanan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon