We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

64 bit Operating Support

Does the Syncfusion toolset support the ability to run on a 64 bit Operating System?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2004 03:46 AM UTC

If you mean will syncfusion work on 64-bit... The syncfusion libraries do not actaully run directly on the hardware platform (beit 32 or 64 bit) - the libraries run within the .NET framework which provides an abstraction from the actual OS/hardware bit issues much the same as Java. As the syncfusion stuff is stated as being 100% managed code - in theory you can therefore transparently run the libraries on the new 64-bit .NET edition. Here''s some stuff on 64-bit .NET: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/20030731CLRCB/manifest.xml Tim.

BH Bruce Hearn April 8, 2005 01:47 AM UTC

This answer does not appears to be correct. Any .NET component must be compiled in VS 2005 targeting "All Platforms" before you''ll be able to load it into the 64 bit CLR. The reason is that the 64-bit loader examines the DLL/EXE header for a flag that determines whether a component has been built for "all platforms" or just the x86 (pre-Whidbey) one. Therefore it seems SyncFusion will need to release a version that has been compiled in this way. My question is, when can I get the beta? I''m looking at porting my application to 64-bit, and it uses Syncfusion.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2005 10:45 PM UTC

Hi Bruce, once Whidbey Beta 2 is out we will focus for a couple week to make sure things work well with that beta. And if it is only a matter of changing the compiler switch we''ll change that in our build scripts. If you do have source code you can also go in and change the Syncfusion.*_2005.csproj files. These are the Whidbey project files that ship with the 3.2 version. And when you run AssemblyManager and recompile it will be compiled using those project files. Stefan >This answer does not appears to be correct. > >Any .NET component must be compiled in VS 2005 targeting "All Platforms" before you''ll be able to load it into the 64 bit CLR. The reason is that the 64-bit loader examines the DLL/EXE header for a flag that determines whether a component has been built for "all platforms" or just the x86 (pre-Whidbey) one. > >Therefore it seems SyncFusion will need to release a version that has been compiled in this way. > >My question is, when can I get the beta? I''m looking at porting my application to 64-bit, and it uses Syncfusion. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon