We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxAdv NullReferenceException

Hi,

I've created a new ComboBoxAdv, with AllowNewText set to false and a datasource: comboBoxAdv1.DataSource = new string[] { "123", "456", "789" };

When I move the cursor to the first position of the combobox and press backspace, an exception is thrown. How do I avoid this?

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="Syncfusion.Shared.Base"
StackTrace:
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboBoxBase.FindItem(String prefix, Boolean select, Int32 start, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboBoxBaseDataBound.PerformShowPopUpAfterDel(String strAfterDel)

Regards,
Mattias

4 Replies

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team October 28, 2010 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Mattias,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We could able to reproduce the issue when the cursor is placed in the first position and pressed backspace. We would request you to post this issue in the DirectTrack by creating a new incident. We will surly update you with the solution through that incident.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team October 28, 2010 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Mattias,

Please post a new incident in the Direct-Trac through the Following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/dtnewpost

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

MB Mattias Backstrom October 28, 2010 02:58 PM UTC

I would if I could. The description textbox does not show in DirectTrac.

DirectTrac_2a95e942.zip

SG Santhosh Gopalsamy Syncfusion Team October 29, 2010 06:13 AM UTC

Hi Mattias,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please clear your browser cache and then try again once.

Let us know your concerns and browser details.

Regards,
Santhosh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon