We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to Hide a docked Form

How do I hide a docked MDIChild using the DockinManager? We tried hiding a form in general by doing the following steps: - Override OnClosing - Set Visible to false - Cancel the Event by settine e.Cancel to true When doing this, we cannot close a docked window. It nearly disapperars from the MDIParent but the DockingHeader still remains visible. The "hidden" Form will show again whenever clicking on the DockLabel Tab. I guess that the problem could be that if we cancel the Closing Event we will no longer get the Closed event. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Alex

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2004 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Alex, You could hide (or show) any docking window using the DockingManager''s SetDockVisibility method as shown in the code snippet below : DockingManager.SetDockVisibility (ctrl, false); Please let me know if this does not work for you. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AB Alex Brunner January 8, 2004 03:28 AM UTC

Guru, I already tried this with no result. I called the method SetDockVisibility() from within the overridden OnClosing Method and didn''t get the wanted result. Any other ideas? Regards, Alex

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2004 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Alex, I have opened an incident (#8540) on DirectTrac in this regard, and will update you there from now. In future, please address all your issues through DirectTrac as far as possible, since it is the best and the fastest way to receive technical support. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon