We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Format Grid Column

I have a column in the grid Asset Size

currently it is displaying the values int he column as follows

i want to display it as $38,469,002

can you please help me with this issue

5 Replies

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team October 5, 2010 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Harshini,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to change the “CellType” of concern column as “Currency” to achieve your requirement. Please refer the below code snippet to describe this

[CS]
GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[index].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = “Currency”;

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

HA harshini October 8, 2010 09:15 PM UTC

thanks!

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Harshini,

Thanks for your update.

Let us know if you have any queries. We are happy to assist you.

Regards,

Eswari.S

PK Prasanna Kumar October 2, 2014 10:52 AM UTC

Hi,

Instead of USD symbol I would like to display in INR symbol.

How can it be done, If INR symbol is not available; How can I suppress showing $

Thanks,
Prasanna

ST Shalini Thangavel Syncfusion Team October 3, 2014 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query : Instead of USD symbol I would like to display in INR symbol, How can it be done. If INR symbol is not available; How can I suppress showing $?

We have analyzed the query and your requirement could be achieved by setting Globalized culture as “en-IN” in web config file and we suggest you to change the “CellType” of concern column as “Currency” in aspx file. Please refer the code snippets below.

[web config]

<system.web>

<globalization uiCulture="en" culture="en-IN" />

system.web >

[aspx]

<TableDescriptor>

<Columns>

<syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="SaleAmount" Appearance-AnyRecordFieldCell-CellType="Currency">syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>

<syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="OrderID">syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>

<syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="CompanyName">syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>

Columns>

TableDescriptor>

For your convenience we have created a sample and the same could be downloaded from the following link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ColumnFormatting_96762-43387681.zip

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Shalini AT.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon