We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Edit or insert row - how to force it to be saved?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

96481 Sep 15,2010 02:14 PM Sep 17,2010 03:21 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
David Mecteaux
Asked On September 15, 2010 02:14 PM

Hello,

I have a GridGroupingControl grid which allows the user to edit rows and to use the insertion row. There is a button on this form that will save any changes back to the database. However I have noticed that when you are editing a row (or if the user is in the insertion row and making changes) that the changes won't be saved. How can I force the grid to do this?

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 17, 2010 03:21 AM

Hi David,

In the GridGroupingControl, the cells are saved recordwise. That is, the cells do not reflect any changes to the datasource unless, the cells move to next record or the record is EndEdited. For manually EndEditing the record when the cells is edited by handling the RecordValueChanged event. The code snippet is as follows.

void ggc_RecordValueChanged(object sender, RecordValueChangedEventArgs e)
{

e.Record.EndEdit();

}

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;