We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Format issue in Mergefield

I've an issue that I've found with data formatting to european format.
I'm using the next mergefield:

{MERGEFIELD Price \# "#.##0,00 €;(#.##0,00 €)" }

And this is the result:

5000.00000 €

If I use english format "$#.##0,00;($#.##0,00)" it works fine.

$5,000.00

4 Replies

RA Rajendran Syncfusion Team September 10, 2010 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Jose,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Given Merge Field:

{MERGEFIELD Price \# "#.##0,00 €;(#.##0,00 €)" }

Here you have defined the merge format to hold 3 zeros at the last for the price value after merging the values.

\# "#.##000 €
During mail merge, the field value will replace # correspondingly.

For example:
If field value is 55.55, then the output will be

If you need only 2 decimal places to be present in the document. The following merge field will hold good.
{MERGEFIELD Price \# "#.## €;(#.## €)" }

We have prepared a sample application for this requirement to hold only 2 decimal places for the merged value. Please do find the sample from below location.

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=F96360208565139.zip

For English format "$ #.##0,00;($ #.##0,00)" With input field value 5000. We are the getting the output as $5,000.00000

We are not able to get $5,000.00 as output as you have mentioned in the forum. Could you please provide us a sample application or template to reproduce the same?

In MS word also we are getting the same output.
For example if field value given as 5000.55
We are getting $5,000.55000 and 5,000.55000 € as output

Please do find the video illustrating the same from below location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=MSWordF96360103601139.zip

If we have misunderstood your requirement please do update us with more information. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Rajendran

JL Jose L. Garcia September 10, 2010 06:22 PM UTC

Hi Rajendran,

It's not working fine. Your suggested format {MERGEFIELD Price \# "#.## €;(#.## €)" } produce this result:

5000 €

This issue only happens with the DocIO processing fields. I have another field column (see my other post) with a Total column (Price * Units) and when I press CTRL+A and F9 to recalculate this field in the word document the format appears fine with "#.##0,00 €":

5.000,00 €

I'm using "Spain (Spain)" format in Windows.

Regards
Jose

JL Jose L. Garcia September 11, 2010 04:24 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm attaching an screenshot with the result of "#.##0,00 €" format for DocIO field and word calculated field.

Red circle for DocIO field bad format and Blue circle for Word calculated good format.

As you can see the results are different.
My Windows 7 is configured for "Spanish (Spain)" in Regional settings.

Could be a problem with Internationalization and DocIO?

Regards
Jose

GoodBad_65921dc9.zip

RA Rajendran Syncfusion Team September 14, 2010 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your update.

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue with preservation of number format for merge fields under the mentioned scenario (Spanish regional settings for Windows 7). We suspect that this could be a defect. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis. Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well? If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Rajendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon