We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error dragging column header

Hi,

I am using a GridGroupingControl v6.302.0.6.

When dragging a column header to the right, I get the following error as soon as the mouse cursor crosses over to the next column.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GroupDragHeaderMouseControllerBase.UpdateRedArrowIndicator()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlDragHeaderMouseController.MouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.ProcessMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControllMouseControllerDispatcher.ScrollControlMouseMoveHandled(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnScrollControlHandledMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Both columns are un-bound, but I don't know if this is relevant.

Are there any suggetions on how I can handle/supress this error? I thought I could extend GridTableControlDragHeaderMouseController, and override MouseMove() to handle the NullReferenceException. But I couldn't find anywhere to plug-in my version of GridTableControlDragHeaderMouseController.

Thanks.

---
Richard

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team September 2, 2010 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

I have tested the issue in different browser sample in v6.3. There was no application crash occurred at this point. Are you using any other settings with the grid used in your application? Please provide more details on the complete settings like properties, events handled etc., if used in your application or a minimal sample reproducing the issue. It would be fine for us to locate the issue and work to provide a better solution.

Regards,
Jisha

LS Leoni, Stefan February 2, 2011 12:26 PM UTC

Hi,

I have the same problem in Version 7.3.0.23.
Have you ever found a solution to this problem ?

regards Stefan

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team February 7, 2011 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Could you please provide us a minimal sample that shows the issue?. We are unable to see the issue.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon