We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

masterdetail grids

I have a form with the master details example setup exactly as in the example in the grid .pdf. It works great except when i have a parent record with no related child record. If i try to add a new record in the child grid where there was not one before I get an error that states that the column does not exist in my parent table. I happens for each column I try to update in the new child record. To reproduce the behaviour you will need to make the sql statement parameratized returning a parent record with no child record. thanks

2 Replies

GS Greg Shomette January 4, 2004 03:04 PM UTC

I does not happen with the ms datagrid. >I have a form with the master details example setup exactly as in the example in the grid .pdf. > >It works great except when i have a parent record with no related child record. If i try to add a new record in the child grid where there was not one before I get an error that states that the column does not exist in my parent table. I happens for each column I try to update in the new child record. To reproduce the behaviour you will need to make the sql statement parameratized returning a parent record with no child record. > >thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2004 04:08 PM UTC

You can handle empty child tables by manually setting the RowFilter on the child grid when the current row changes in the parent grid (instead of relying on the ADO.NET relation). Here is a sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon