We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabControlExt null reference...

I''d like to determine what is causing this problem. I moved the form from one drive to another, still reference the same Syncfusion dll and I now get the following error: "An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlExt. The exception was "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". The project still compiles, but the tabcontrol and any controls that are contained by the tabcontrol are now invisible. Thanks, The Invisible Man

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 31, 2003 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Dave, I presume that you have moved the entire project folder to another drive and not just the Form (since it has license dll and many other resources associated with it). You could also try this - in the VS.NET designer delete all the references to Syncfusion dlls and add them once again. Now rebuild your application and see if this helps. Please try this and let me know if you continue to experience this problem. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DA Dave December 31, 2003 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Guru- I removed all references to Syncfusion.Shared.* from the references node for this project from the solution explorer. I also removed references from the toolbox and deleted the licenses.licx file. Still have the same problem. Yes, I did move the entire project. I upgraded to a new machine yesterday, still running the same version of .NET, same OS; basically just a faster machine and more disk space...but for some reason the tabcontrolext just doesn''t like the change... Thanks, Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 31, 2003 05:46 PM UTC

Hi Dave, I assume that you have installed Essential Suite on the new machine and not just copied the project folder along with our DLLs. It is necessary to do so to have appropriate DLLs in the GAC and for the _FusionLic.dll file to be correctly generated. Also, please set the CopyLocal property of the references in your application to false. Please try this and let me know how it goes. I would appreciate if you could open an incident in Direct Trac in this regard so that I could update you there from now on. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DA Dave December 31, 2003 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Guru- I will try re-installing it to ensure everything is proper. I have opened a call through direct-trac under id 8453. Thanks, Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 2, 2004 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Dave, Thanks for the update. Your incident on Direct Trac has been answered. Please try the solution suggested in our response and let us know (by updating the incident on Direct Trac) how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon