We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel like editing

When I set grid.Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell to true, is it possible to edit the cell text just like Excel; i,e when you start typing it should automatically edit the text in the cell intstead of cell mouse click and then edit the text.

Thanks,

5 Replies

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team August 4, 2010 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Tigger,

By setting the ExcelLikeCurrentCell to true you can edit the cells directly like the excel edit option.

Sample code snippet:

Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell = true;

Please download the sample from the below link for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=GC-ExcelLikeEditing-95839_609c02b2.zip&team=development

Let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

TT Tigger Tag August 4, 2010 01:56 PM UTC

The sample in the reference link is for WPF project, could you send a sample that works in Silverlight 4.0?

Thanks,

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team August 6, 2010 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Tigger,

Please download the sample with the ExcelLikeCurrentCell from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=Silverlight-GC-Excell-Like-95839_9e33f610.zip&team=development

For your future reference regarding excel like features please refer the sample from our dashboard.

SilverLight->Grid->Excel Like Features

Let us know if you face any other issues.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

TT Tigger Tag August 10, 2010 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Jeraldes,
I did refer to the samples, but this one is not working as I expect. Here is what I did, I set the excel options as below:
this.grid.Model.Options.ExcelLikeCurrentCell = true;
this.grid.Model.Options.ExcelLikeSelectionFrame = true;

Here is how it is working:
1) I did a mouse click on a cell, the cell enters into edit mode, I can type text. After I finish typing I click enter key, the cell comes out of edit mode (As expected).
2) Now I use keyboard up or down arrow key to navigate to another cell and start typing in keys.
I expect the cell to automatically enter into edit mode and display the keys I typed in, but the cell is not entering into edit mode.

Here is my Syncfusion version and environment details I am using.
1) Syncfusion Dlls: 8.204.0.18
2) Silverlight 4 & VS 2010 environment
3) I had to install a patch SyncfusionPatch_8.2.0.18_131067_8032010052817_68610.exe to fix another issue.

Your project was targetted to silverlight 3, I modified your project and added my dll reference, and am attaching my project for your reference.

Thanks,

Silverlight-GC-Excell-Like-95839_9748ffc6.zip

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team August 12, 2010 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Tigger,

This issue have been rectified in our vol3. If you need your patch in 8.2v. You please place an incident regarding the issue in our Direct-trac by using this forum ID mentioned in that.

Let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon