We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAdv Selected Item Tab key

If I use the autocomplete feature of a comboboxadv so the list style is drop down and i select an item with the keyboard and then navigate to a different control using the tab key, the selected item for the combo box adv that was left is undefined. This occurs using 1.6.1.8 Thanks Ben

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2003 07:34 PM UTC

Hi Ben We were unable to reproduce the problem you describe above using Essential Suite 1.6.1.8. Can you post some more details like say a sample or steps to reproduce this in one of the samples that ship with Essential Tools so that we can take a look? Regards Arun

BE Ben December 29, 2003 08:39 PM UTC

Arun Sorry that I didn''t provide enough information. Attached is a sample. To reproduce the error, type 1 and press tab, or 2 or 3 followed by tab. The mouse cannot be used as it will not reproduce the error, nor will navigating through the list using arrows. >Hi Ben > >We were unable to reproduce the problem you describe above using Essential Suite 1.6.1.8. Can you post some more details like say a sample or steps to reproduce this in one of the samples that ship with Essential Tools so that we can take a look? > >Regards >Arun > WindowsApplication2_7714.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2003 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the sample. Here is what you need to do to address this in the comboBoxAdv1_SelectionChangeCommitted event: this.comboBoxAdv1.UpdatePopupControl(); MessageBox.Show ("Index: "+ this.comboBoxAdv1.SelectedIndex.ToString( +"Text: "+this.comboBoxAdv1.Text.ToString()); You need to update the popup control to update the SelectedIndex. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2003 02:59 PM UTC

Hi, I came across same problem before. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=6982 You have to call comboBoxAdv1.UpdatePopupControl(); in your SelectionChangeCommitted event. This is very misleading. cheers, - Reddy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon