We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Searching Forums

Search function on website has a bug. Searching works properly if it is the initial search, if a search attempt is made after the initial search the old results are returned. A new search is not occuring. Thanks for the support. Ben

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 9, 2004 01:37 AM UTC

I agree! If you search from the initial forums page, or from a drill down of search result i.e. a posting - then the search works fine. However, if you perform a search at a screen which is a list of filtered results i.e. the result of a search, then the search which was last executed from the formums page is executed. It would appear that the search words are submitted with the URL parameter ''keywords''. The URL parameter is not being updated when executing a search from a search reults page. Tim.

PL Paul Laudeman January 13, 2004 04:51 PM UTC

I personally hardly ever use the built in search function that most sites offer. Instead, I take advantage of the power of Google to narrow my search results down to a specific site. So, for example, if you want to search Syncfusion for every occurence of "GridControl", enter the following into the Google searchbox: GridControl site:syncfusion.com The "site:syncfusion.com" tells Google to only return results from that particular site. This is also very helpful for searching Microsoft''s site. -Paul >I agree! > >If you search from the initial forums page, or from a drill down of search result i.e. a posting - then the search works fine. However, if you perform a search at a screen which is a list of filtered results i.e. the result of a search, then the search which was last executed from the formums page is executed. > >It would appear that the search words are submitted with the URL parameter ''keywords''. The URL parameter is not being updated when executing a search from a search reults page. > >Tim.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2004 06:15 PM UTC

I presume that you don''t know how Google indexing works, as Google does not just automatically index everything in the whole wide interweb. This means that not all Syncfusion internal and external pages are going to be indexed and so available through Googling. Just try: CellTipText site:syncfusion.com You''ll see that it does not list *all* the pages that contain CellTipText on the Syncfusion site. I''m pretty sure that most people who are actively developing with Syncfusion products know how to use Google... Although you can get around the busted search facility at Syncfusion.com, it should be fixed. I''m sure there must be some pretty s**t hot programmers at syncfusion who could handle editing a couple of asp pages - although they are probably extremely busy. They may not even know the search doesn''t work, so a couple of people have handily reported the problem. > >I personally hardly ever use the built in search function that most sites offer. Instead, I take advantage of the power of Google to narrow my search results down to a specific site. So, for example, if you want to search Syncfusion for every occurence of "GridControl", enter the following into the Google searchbox: > > GridControl site:syncfusion.com > >The "site:syncfusion.com" tells Google to only return results from that particular site. This is also very helpful for searching Microsoft''s site. > >-Paul > >>I agree! >> >>If you search from the initial forums page, or from a drill down of search result i.e. a posting - then the search works fine. However, if you perform a search at a screen which is a list of filtered results i.e. the result of a search, then the search which was last executed from the formums page is executed. >> >>It would appear that the search words are submitted with the URL parameter ''keywords''. The URL parameter is not being updated when executing a search from a search reults page. >> >>Tim.

PL Paul Laudeman January 14, 2004 08:45 PM UTC

Ouch, Tim. I was only trying to offer another solution for searching the site.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon