We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

LCase - UCase combination in Mask edit

Hi, I need a quick help. I am using the 1.6.5 version. In my mask control i want the First Character to be UpperCase and rest characters are not case sensitive. Please help in solving this problem. Thanks in advance. Regards, RamaRao.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2003 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Rama Rao, I assume that you are referring to our MaskedEditBox control here. You could accomplish this by placing the first character of the Mask within ''>'' and ''<''. This converts the first character to upper case. Any characters appearing after the ''>'' sign in the Mask will be displayed as upper case and any characters apperaing after ''<'' sign will be displayed as lower case. Please refer to the class reference for more information on MaskedEditBox''s Mask property. Please refer to the sample_application attached and let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JR JANAKI RAMARAO December 30, 2003 01:22 AM UTC

Thanks Guru, But what i need is not this. I should not ristrict the user to any case(either Upper nor lower) for the characters other than first one. i mean first character in the string should be Capital irespective of userinput and rest are optional. The suggestion given by u restricts the characters to Lowercase.(otherthan the first Character) >Hi Rama Rao, > >I assume that you are referring to our MaskedEditBox control here. You could accomplish this by placing the first character of the Mask within ''>'' and ''<''. This converts the first character to upper case. Any characters appearing after the ''>'' sign in the Mask will be displayed as upper case and any characters apperaing after ''<'' sign will be displayed as lower case. Please refer to the class reference for more information on MaskedEditBox''s Mask property. Please refer to the sample_application attached and let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2003 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Rama Rao, Thanks for the update. Presently our MaskedEditBox does not have any Mask that can support this kind of display. However we have considered it as a feature request and will try our best to implement this at the earliest. I will notify you when we accomplish this. We appreciate your feedback on this issue, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon