We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion assemblies don''t appear in Add Reference

I have Syncfusion Essential Studio 6.3.0.6 installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm using VS2008(SP1) and VS2010. In neither development environment do the Syncfusion assemblies appear in the Add Reference\.NET dialog. I can build and run the sample apps and add Syncfusion controls to Windows Forms. I can see the Syncfusion libraries in the GAC. I just can't add Syncfusion assemblies to my projects. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

1 Reply

VS Velusamy Subramaniam Syncfusion Team June 24, 2010 12:13 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for using our Syncfusion products.

Syncfusion started providing complete support for 64-bit systems from v7.4.0.20.

Workaround for the V6.3.x.x 64 bit support:

Could you please add the Syncfusion entries in the following registry path for the 64 Bit machine?

64-bit machine :

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\keys

Create a string value and add the Syncfusion unlock key for the String name. Please check with the 32 bit machine Syncfusion registry entries for Syncfusion entries format.

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\{Studio Version}

Create a string value and add the Syncfusion installed path for the String data.

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\SamplesFolder\{Studio Version}

Create a string value and add the Syncfusion samples installation path for the String data.

*{Studio Version} - Indicates the Essential Studio version.

4) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\

Create a new key and also create new string value for the key. And set the Syncfusion installed path. Please refer the screen scrap.

And also for the Essential Studio V6.3.x.x. you need to have the Visual Studio 2008 SDK in your machine.

Note: Syncfusion started providing complete support for Visual Studio 2010 from v8.1.0.30. You can download the latest version V8.2.0.18 from the following location

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Velusamy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon