We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A very odd problem...

Hey Clay, This is going to be a nice and juicy on for you. I am using a non databound grid. Essentially, the crux of my problem is this.... The following line returns no data when there is data in the control: this.grdAppointments[range.Top, 4].CellValue.ToString() Now when I step past this code in the debugger and the form desplays, there is a data value in the cell. The value in the cell is a dollar amount. This column is of type Currency. The code that checks this column is in a cells_changed event handler. I can keep reproducing this behavior fine. I have attached the event handler in snippet.cs. Basically when column 3 is changed, I have to update column 4. If you have an questions about the snippet let me know. JF

2 Replies

December 19, 2003 08:41 PM UTC

Clay, Can you try n see if this.grdAppointments[range.Top, 4].CellText.ToString() works for you ? I think it should. Supriya Thakur >Hey Clay, > >This is going to be a nice and juicy on for you. I am using a non databound grid. Essentially, the crux of my problem is this.... > >The following line returns no data when there is data in the control: > >this.grdAppointments[range.Top, 4].CellValue.ToString() > >Now when I step past this code in the debugger and the form desplays, there is a data value in the cell. > >The value in the cell is a dollar amount. This column is of type Currency. The code that checks this column is in a cells_changed event handler. I can keep reproducing this behavior fine. > >I have attached the event handler in snippet.cs. Basically when column 3 is changed, I have to update column 4. If you have an questions about the snippet let me know. > >JF

JF Jim Frapper December 20, 2003 02:49 AM UTC

Hey Clay and Supriya Thakur, Thats whats so odd, it does work for me! Only when I first add a row to the grid. Here is how I reproduce it. - Add fresh row to grid. - Change column 3 to a new price. Everything works fine. - Change price to $12. Everything works fine. - Change price to $10. The code referred to previously now brings back nothing. No matter what I cange column 3 to, column 4 never returns any value even though I can see a value there. Note: If there are other rows in the grid, they have the same pattern of failure. Very odd indeed... I do have the source version of the codebase if you care to point me on where to look.... Cheers, JF

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon