We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Custom column collection creation

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94723 May 29,2010 02:46 PM Jun 10,2010 11:02 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Asya T
Asked On May 29, 2010 02:46 PM

Hello,
I use GridGroupingControl of syncfusion.
I need to create my own GridGroupingDescriptorCollection.
There is a virtual function in GridTableDescriptor that allows to create a derived collection. Base implementation of this method (I see it with the Reflector tool) uses a constructor that receives reference to TableDescriptor, but this constructor is internal, and I can't use it. In the version of Syncfusion that I use (version 4) there is only one public constructor of this class - without parameters. There is a Set function for TableDescriptor, but this function is internal as well. Summarily, I haven't found any way to set TableDescriptor to the column collection. Without this property initialization the grid can't work and throw NullReferenceExceptions.
When I set it by reflection - it works.
Is there any normal, legal way to set TableDescriptor for this collection in Syncfusion-4?
Thanks.

Christopher Issac Sunder K [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 10, 2010 11:02 AM

Hi Asya,

We regret for the delay caused.

We have analyzed with your query to customize the GridTableDescriptor. Since the setTableDescriptor() method is internal, we couldn’t provide any support to set the Table descriptor in legal way.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Christopher K.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;