We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom column collection creation

Hello,
I use GridGroupingControl of syncfusion.
I need to create my own GridGroupingDescriptorCollection.
There is a virtual function in GridTableDescriptor that allows to create a derived collection. Base implementation of this method (I see it with the Reflector tool) uses a constructor that receives reference to TableDescriptor, but this constructor is internal, and I can't use it. In the version of Syncfusion that I use (version 4) there is only one public constructor of this class - without parameters. There is a Set function for TableDescriptor, but this function is internal as well. Summarily, I haven't found any way to set TableDescriptor to the column collection. Without this property initialization the grid can't work and throw NullReferenceExceptions.
When I set it by reflection - it works.
Is there any normal, legal way to set TableDescriptor for this collection in Syncfusion-4?
Thanks.

1 Reply

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team June 10, 2010 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Asya,

We regret for the delay caused.

We have analyzed with your query to customize the GridTableDescriptor. Since the setTableDescriptor() method is internal, we couldn’t provide any support to set the Table descriptor in legal way.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Christopher K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon